HELP ME DECIDE

CreepTumorXD

Arachnoknight
I have a 55 Gallon tank that no lids are made for, I would have to get one custom made if I wanted to put a lid on, BUT what do you guys think I should or could put in this? without a lid, and then with some options.

boina

Lady of the mites
Without a lid: Roaches. There are several species that can't climb. They can multiply, though...

-> get a lid.

Mojo288

Arachnoknight
Scorpions can't climb the glass, you would probably have some trouble keeping humidity up for some sp's but desert dwellers should be fine.

CreepTumorXD

Arachnoknight
I pulled this out of a dumpster 3 years ago and fixed it up, I cant find a lid the right size anywhere

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
i know the pain. as i have a 50g breeder with a metal frame.. its so unique that noone makes a lid for it.. however glass and plastic is easy to cut to size :) i had to do the same and used 1x2 as a frame [made mine mesh for snakes originally]

MadisonBoib

Arachnopeon
You could probably make a lid pretty easily. When i run into this problem i usually just make a frame for the top and then use a sheet of screening to cover it. Ive made lots of lids and as long as you put in some imagination and effort you could come up with a pretty cool custom made one...