Help me decide an enclosure?

3rdleggedfreak

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

A little back story, Last week my daughter found a jumper in the UK which we think was a fencepost jumping spider (if thats a thing) due to its colour and size, and he lived on the house plants until he decided to wander off. so a little saddened , she consulted her nana who turned up with an indo jumping spider, small enclosure and heat mat.

I will post a photo of the spider for an ID if possible as the box it came in didn't specify but looking at SE Asian jumping spiders they need 27c ish temps and a tall enclosure.

I was looking at an exo terra nano tall 20x20x130 cm as well as one of these, which is 31x21x30 cm

Sorry for the link.

I ordered the bigger one as i think more room cant be a bad thing but it can be easily cancelled and re-ordered for the exo terra, as well as a heat mat and thermostatic controller. we have coco board and ill put some kiln dried firewood in the tank for climbing and a little hide on top.

is there anything else we need for this little chap?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, its my first post.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I wouldn’t recommend a heat mat unless you’re somewhere cold, but glad to see you’re getting a thermostat if you do. That enclosure should be fine, but you could probably make one for cheaper from any plastic container with holes poked in it

3rdleggedfreak

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the reply, the heat mat is really just to make sure we are setup long term and make sure the enclosure stays comfortable, I doubt theres any need to use it during summer but winters can cool down quite a lot here. Also I wanted to get a larger enclosure if she wishes to get into bigger spiders later on.