Help me choose my birthday present gift :-D

One frome these two:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VukSRB

Arachnosquire
My girlfriend wants to buy me my 30th tarantula. These two cost the same. Now I know alot about these two species, but can't decide.
•G. pulchra grow very slow, but they are black now at this stage. I don't mind waiting that much. I never had a Grammostola.
•H. sp. large is already adult female which is great! But they grow fast so it is good only because its a female. Also never had a dwarf tarantula...

Thanks in advance!

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
simple xmas is nearly here to so why not ask for both :rofl:since "we all know they might not be available again at this price and a confirmed? female" of course that will only work if the gf hasnt set a limit on how many ts you can have

VukSRB

Arachnosquire
I
simple xmas is nearly here to so why not ask for both :rofl:since "we all know they might not be available again at this price and a confirmed? female" of course that will only work if the gf hasnt set a limit on how many ts you can have
I am Christian Ortodox, not Catholic, so Cristmas is in January for us. And we are students so... we don't have money. And I've got 5 new taratulas 2 weeks ago. That about wraps it up: ONLY ONE CHOICE😅

Hi
of you can't have both I will definitely go for the Hapalopus sp Colombia female if you are comfortable with a fast moving tarantulas.They are awesome Ts.Great hunters, decent webbers with great colours.
Grammostola pulchra at that size is often found for sale so can get one later.
Regards Konstantin

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Both excellent choices but a sexed female is worth more than an unsexed sling. That is a decent size for a G Pulchra since they grow really slow but you really can't go wrong with either. I really like pumpkin patches tho

Craig73

Arachnoangel
What do you have now? It’ll help me vote, need to know if your straight down the middle of the road vanilla or got some adventure in your blood.

Braden

Arachnoknight
Wait why do you want us to decide? Choose what you genuinely want. Is one more valuable to you for one or more reasons? Is one more or less available in your area? Both great T's!

VukSRB

Arachnosquire
What do you have now? It’ll help me vote, need to know if your straight down the middle of the road vanilla or got some adventure in your blood.
I am experienced keeper, 9 years in the hobby. Been breeding twice succesfully. Have 90% of my collection oldworlds, I do full research for all species. Like 3 hours for each when I am interested in one.

Wait why do you want us to decide? Choose what you genuinely want. Is one more valuable to you for one or more reasons? Is one more or less available in your area? Both great T's!
I narrowed down from 50 to these two, now I need some help. Both are special for me in a different way.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I am experienced keeper, 9 years in the hobby. Been breeding twice succesfully. Have 90% of my collection oldworlds, I do full research for all species. Like 3 hours for each when I am interested in one.
I voted to add a little color in your life. Happy early bday!

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
Are you sure that this pulchra is unsexed at this size? It could be a male, but offered as unsexed...

VukSRB

Arachnosquire
Are you sure that this pulchra is unsexed at this size? It could be a male, but offered as unsexed...
Breeder has 10000 Ts. He has 50 of pulchras so I know that he doeasn't have time and employes to check that

Ian14

Arachnobaron
I guess it all depends on your preference.
One gets to be a big black beast, but it could be male.
The other is colourful and a female. She has a lifespan of around 12 years
I have two pumpkin slings and both are brightly coloured and very aggressive feeders.
If they are the same price, then you have to decide if you want to have one you know you will have for many years, thats quite small, or gamble on a species that gets much bigger but could be a male and have a much shorter life.
Probably hasn't helped!

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
I
I am Christian Ortodox, not Catholic, so Cristmas is in January for us. And we are students so... we don't have money. And I've got 5 new taratulas 2 weeks ago. That about wraps it up: ONLY ONE CHOICE😅
yepp that would do it :rofl:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
i know kill be for saying this but I’m not a huge Grammastola guy. I’d say the Hapalopus if it’s a Molt confirmed female. I’m all about dwarves so that’s my choice, if something was the same price but one was confirmed female, I’d probably go that regardless of what it is.

VukSRB

Arachnosquire
I guess it all depends on your preference.
One gets to be a big black beast, but it could be male.
The other is colourful and a female. She has a lifespan of around 12 years
I have two pumpkin slings and both are brightly coloured and very aggressive feeders.
If they are the same price, then you have to decide if you want to have one you know you will have for many years, thats quite small, or gamble on a species that gets much bigger but could be a male and have a much shorter life.
Probably hasn't helped!
Not helped, same things were in my head🤣
But considering that gambeling anticipation of gender reveal and that even male pulchra live long, I just might go with it!