Help me choose a first T (#2 or 3 I don't remember)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
To the skepticals.

You love the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) or you are against Our Benign Mother.

There's absolutely no room for compromise.

Ask to yourself: do you come in the name of Angra Mainyu (Ahriman) or... you stand with Ahura Mazdā (one of the Goddess ancestral Fathers)??? o_O

Praise the Goddess!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Uhm...no. Do NOT read caresheets. Caresheets kill Theraphosidae. Check with @Chris LXXIX for her (hopefully) care and maintenance, and you're good ;)
Regina molted last Friday and my mom dug her out 3 days later because an online care sheet said so :p nothing bad happened thankfully and my mom has done an awesome job of taking care of Regina and I love her for it but she should've asked me first.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
To the skepticals.

You love the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) or you are against Our Benign Mother.

There's absolutely no room for compromise.

Ask to yourself: do you come in the name of Angra Mainyu (Ahriman) or... you stand with Ahura Mazdā (one of the Goddess ancestral Fathers)??? o_O

Praise the Goddess!
Lol, have you read the Arda Wiraz Namag ("The Book of Arda Viraf")? It was written during the Sassanid era and is kind of a Zoroastrian version of Dante Alighieri´s Divina Commedia (except that what happens in the Persian version of the Inferno is a thousand times worse than Dante could have imagined, even in his worst nightmares :rofl:). When I studied Theology one of the optional courses were the "history of Apocalypticism in Christianity". The main focus were on the Biblical texts, the Gnostic ones and the Medieval Christian literature such as Dante etc., but we also did read part of that Zoroastrian literature. I had forgotten everything about it until you mentioned Ahura Mazda now!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Regina molted last Friday and my mom dug her out 3 days later because an online care sheet said so :p nothing bad happened thankfully and my mom has done an awesome job of taking care of Regina and I love her for it but she should've asked me first.
Wow, she certainly should check those actions with you first.
I think it is wonderful of your mom to take care of Regina too :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Lol, have you read the Arda Wiraz Namag ("The Book of Arda Viraf")? It was written during the Sassanid era and is kind of a Zoroastrian version of Dante Alighieri´s Divina Commedia (except that what happens in the Persian version of the Inferno is a thousand times worse than Dante could have imagined, even in his worst nightmares :rofl:). When I studied Theology one of the optional courses were the "history of Apocalypticism in Christianity". The main focus were on the Biblical texts, the Gnostic ones and the Medieval Christian literature such as Dante etc., but we also did read part of that Zoroastrian literature. I had forgotten everything about it until you mentioned Ahura Mazda now!
Ah ah, my man, we are "of culture" here, no one could deny this fact :pompous:

natalie woods

Arachnopeon
While they can be on the pricey side, you would also like Dolichothele diamantinensis. They're basically miniature GBBs but with way more beautiful coloring (IMO). Great feeding response, easy husbandry, and they only grow to around 3".
I just bought a Dolichothele diamantinensis(3/4) as my first T! Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
From what I've seen on the net and YouTube, scorpions can't climb glass/plastic, so unless I am mistaken, your experience with scorpions will not prepare you for defensive and fast Theraphosids. ;)
^ this exactly. i currently keep Bark scorpions(Centruroides sculpturatus), some of the best scorpion climbers I've even seen and they don't even compare to my B. Albopilosum when it comes to scaling the tank walls.

i can literally have my communal set up with the lid off, with 16 scorpions literally full speed sprinting around the tank, and the second they get to the glass, thats it, they cant climb unless there something already stuck to it, IE dried remnants of like excavators clay.

with a tarantula? even the slowest terrestrial and fossorial tarantulas can easily scale a glass/plastic tank if they are too inclined.
and if you happen to have a Pissed off arboreal, Good luck as they will be up and out with about as much effort as it takes you to skip across the street on a sunny day.

as somebody who keeps both, it is Completely night as day between the two in that regards.
I'm not afraid to sit on the floor with my Death stalkers or Bark scorpions(even though either would be an instant ambulance ride to the hospital on a good day) with the lid off the tank. but i wouldn't sit with my OBT the same way.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
I just bought a Dolichothele diamantinensis(3/4) as my first T! Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!
Nice!! I keep mine with plenty of moist (not wet) substrate for burrowing and some plastic plants as anchor points. They can tolerate some dryness but generally like it a bit moist. I let mine dry out a bit and then wet down half the substrate every couple of weeks or as needed. They're pretty easy to take care of.