HELP!!!! MATURE MALE G. PORTERI MOLTING!!!

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
I know this rarely happens and I know the mortality rate is high. Has anyone else been through this with any success and if so tell me everything. He just started.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Yeah, not me, but I've seen some people post about it here. Someone had a MM avic that molted a few times after maturity. I think as long as he can get his palps free, he'll be okay. He might have to drop them. Good luck to him.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Just like with all molts regardless of sex or size, there's nothing you can do to help him. Let nature take its course.

cold blood

Staff member
When will the hysterical moment be coming? I've been storing it up for a while and am in need of a freak out moment. :D
When its finished and still has the molt stuck somewhere that's difficult to get to or remove....well, then there's concern, I don't know if hysterics are ever necessary.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
If a pokie manages to run up a pant leg, necessary or not, I'm getting hysterical.
I had a c lividum bolt out of her burrow, out of the enclosure, up my arm and then onto my back. All in like .5 seconds.
I was pretty hysterical

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I know this rarely happens and I know the mortality rate is high. Has anyone else been through this with any success and if so tell me everything. He just started.
Why the all caps? What's the immediate issue here? Your T is molting, there's nothing you can do about an animal going through a natural life process. It's either going to live or die. There's no help anyone can give you, because there's no help that is necessary.

I have been through this life altering moment as a T owner. There's nothing to tell.

It helps to be calm and rational in all situations.

Last edited:

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a c lividum bolt out of her burrow, out of the enclosure, up my arm and then onto my back. All in like .5 seconds.
I was pretty hysterical
Not quite the same but I had a Dolichothele diamantinensis run up my arm and sit in my armpit on the inside of my T shirt I was just waiting for a bite that never came

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
My male died due to hemorrhaging around the pedicil. His abdomen was shriveled up and he never made it past the first segment if legs. His emboli hooks were stuck also. He lived this far so I definitely did something right. Sucks though.:banghead:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My male died due to hemorrhaging around the pedicil. His abdomen was shriveled up and he never made it past the first segment if legs. His emboli hooks were stuck also. He lived this far so I definitely did something right. Sucks though.:banghead:
Sorry to hear it man. Usually they have a rough time of it molting after maturity. He lived a good long time though.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
My condolences. It's always hard to lose one. You did very well. Many don't even survive to attempt a post-ultimate molt.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
If a pokie manages to run up a pant leg, necessary or not, I'm getting hysterical.
The only time I've been in a similar situation was when an Idiothele mira spiderling took a trip up the leg of my pajama pants. I was dressed like Winnie the Pooh in about 2 seconds flat.

ao4649

Arachnopeon
I don't know what to tell you besides good luck.
Supposedly some folks have had luck 'surgically' removing stuck molts, but I can't exactly advocate (or even condone) that because it definitely isn't standard and could do more harm than good. Depends on how desperate you are, I suppose.

Good luck and condolences-- your boy is on borrowed time as it is.

cold blood

Staff member
I don't know what to tell you besides good luck.
Supposedly some folks have had luck 'surgically' removing stuck molts, but I can't exactly advocate (or even condone) that because it definitely isn't standard and could do more harm than good. Depends on how desperate you are, I suppose.

Good luck and condolences-- your boy is on borrowed time as it is.
its dead homie.

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
I didn't have time to even attempt surgical removal. Sucks that there was nothing I could do.

ao4649

Arachnopeon
im so sorry. did you bury him? if not, i can provide tips for preserving him in a jar if you'd like-- some people like to do that.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
So very sorry. I'd be in tears even knowing it was coming with a mature male. I get way to attached.

If some say that's hysteria, oh well.