Help! Lost my curly hair!

Hansenirie20

Arachnopeon
Im new to this website but found it while attempting to find ways to find my curly hair tarantula, Gilbert. Hes my first tarantulas and i have no clue he could get out of such a small hole it the lid but ig so. Anyway hes escaped two other times and once we found him behind his tank and the other time on the door frame of my closet crawling out. This will now be the third day of him being gone and ive looked everywhere! Im extremely sad and would just like some suggestions asap please. And how to avoid him from getting out and make him feel happier in his cage. :((

Thekla

Arachnoprince
The same spider escaped three times? :embarrassed: This has to be a record!

How big is it? Do you have pictures of the enclosure(s)? Without further information, it'll be difficult to help to prevent a 4th escape (if you find it again).
I never had a spider escape out of an enclosure, but I would just look everywhere... small gaps, every nook and cranny. Use a torch/flashlight. I hope you'll find it.

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Tarantulas, even the most docile and slow species are escape artists. Any holes in the enclosure bigger than the carapace? Where there any times you or someone else may have opened the enclosure and not payed attention? letting the T bolt out. Pictures of your enclosure would be appreciated.

Now onto finding Gilbert, like any tarantula when settling into a new habitat he’ll be fairly active. Wait until night or just create an as dark as possible environ within the house and look around. Have you also checked under any cabinets or refrigerators. The best bet is to simply keep the search as there aren’t really any particular methods through which to find him. Good luck!

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Basically you'll just have to look everywhere. You can't exactly leave live food out for a tarantula to find in an open space. What I don't understand is why you keep putting it back in the same enclosure after it escaped the first or second time. If you do find it before the poor thing dehydrates, you'll have to get a new enclosure. A plain deli cup with holes poked in for ventilation will work best. Not a plastic cage with vents. It sounds like the cage is far too big for it if it's a sling anyways.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i have no clue he could get out of such a small hole it the lid but ig so. Anyway hes escaped two other times
I do-- you don't have good husbandry methods. I hope you learn how it escaped so whatever T you replace it with or if you find current one won't die as a result of another escape. Seriously 2 times, that's horrible...3 times, I'm not permitted what I'd like to write based on the forum's TOS.
And how to avoid him from getting out and make him feel happier in his cage
They don't have emotions. Your T didn't leave because it wasn't "happy" jeez.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Look carefully in dark places that are low to the ground. Underneath/ behind furniture, appliances, and in closets. I'd bet that he's probably hiding out underneath a piece of furniture.