(HELP) Jumping Spider Hatchlings

Can I Open The Sac And Begin Sorting The Slings?

• Yes, it should be fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShyStorm

Arachnopeon
I have two female Phidippus Asotus's Of whome had egg sacs.
One of the two sacs hatched a few days back,
I separated mama and have the slings 'incubated' so to say in their own little vile, still with the sac. They are dark black with little clear legs at this point.
This is my first sac so i have a few questions...

- How long should i wait until they need to be fed Fruit flies?
- Could I take them out of their sac and begin putting them in viles with about 5 or 6 slings per container? Would it honestly effect their life?
- The whole sac is moving at this point, how many spiderlings is in a normal jumpers sac?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice looking species! Have they actually come out of the sac yet or are they still in it and you can just see them moving around?

You'll have to separate them at some point otherwise they'll start eating each other.

I would start feeding them now if they have already emerged from the sac and look dark. Can't help with how many to expect.

ShyStorm

Arachnopeon
Nice looking species! Have they actually come out of the sac yet or are they still in it and you can just see them moving around?

You'll have to separate them at some point otherwise they'll start eating each other.

I would start feeding them now if they have already emerged from the sac and look dark. Can't help with how many to expect.
Here is a photo. They are out of they egg sac itself but are inside the protective sac that mama was sitting it.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I would try tossing some fruit flies in and see what happens then. Might be able to get more of them to come out and then you can get a better idea of how many there are and perhaps even move a few to new enclosures.

ShyStorm

Arachnopeon
I would try tossing some fruit flies in and see what happens then. Might be able to get more of them to come out and then you can get a better idea of how many there are and perhaps even move a few to new enclosures.
I might do just that. That are almost as small as fruit flies haha!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
The size of the prey won't slow down your jumper slings at all. They will leap on insects several times their size. I've seen them riding piggyback on flies.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
+1 to what Snark said. They'll go after the fruit flies without a problem.

ShyStorm

Arachnopeon
UPDATE:

All the babies are out of the sac as of a week or two back!
72 in total and my second Asotus sac has also hatched... so many babies!