Help! Im a newbie! :D

m0nay

Arachnopeon
help me in raising my rosea. ill be having one this april 1. oh yeah. pretty much excited. can you give me some tips on this t. thank you! {D

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Read the stickiss at the top of the forum, or try searching. Many many threads with your same question. Too many...

Last edited:

m0nay

Arachnopeon
thank you! the site is very helpful! i have already done reading some threads here. just wanna know some additional tips in giving my t a full care. {D

sssargent1977

Arachnopeon
I suggest reading the advice on here, looking at some YouTube videos featuring Robc, talon 4wd, John 3800, and some care sheets for your T...and of course ask questions...Good luck with your new T soon...I'm getting my second T an OBT...I also have a Mexican Fire leg.

energizer2010

Arachnopeon
the stickies will give you all the info that you need. I am starting out a sling g.rosea myself. Very basic and easy to care for.

david30

Arachnopeon
I am a newbie too i cant actually give you advice but i can recommend a good book the tarantula keepers guide revised edition by Stanley A. Schultz i bought it from amazon very good book and i am gonna go get me grammostola rosea tommorrow and cant wait i feel like a big kid lol

m0nay

Arachnopeon
thank you every one for your help!
i feel more comfortable since im not the only one starting with a rosea, i'll post some pics when i got it already. pls do post some pics and lets see each others t.

oh my, an obt?? i have heard its one of the most aggressive and poisonous t in the old world. scary!

goodluck everyone!! {D

jgod790

Arachnoknight
G rosea are easy, no humidity or temperature control is really needed. During the winter you may want to use artificial heat of some kind, but as long as the room temperature is at or above just 50 degrees, your G rosea will be just fine with no additional heat. A retreat is recommended but not absolutely necessary, and have a water dish that’s always full, and Soft substrate that is NOT moist or wet. As they despise wet or moist enclosures. Make sure you have nothing really hard that they can hurt them self on, as they are clumsy climbers, and WILL climb, and they WILL fall. So just get some of the substrate that comes in the bricks, and let it dry out for a few days before you use it, and maybe over flow the water dish every now and then, but DO NOT get the enclosure wet or damp. And feed it maybe one large cricket a week, or 2-3 crickets every two weeks. Just remember, power fed species grow much quicker, but live shorter. Dont starve it, but feed it as little as possible if you want it to live more then 15 years. And if it goes months with out eating, dont freak out, its possibly in pre molt, and if it is found on its back, same thing, pre molt. And sometimes they go long periods of time with out eating, even if there not in pre molt. They typically molt once every two or three years. Unless its really young, then it will molt once every year. If anything I said contridicts any of the care sheets you already have read, I have had a G rosea for over 10 years now.

Dont listen when they say G rosea is a "pet rock" G rosea are VERY acctive during the warmer months of the year. During the colder winter months they are rather sluggish, but dont let that discourage you, when summer comes around, it will not be so sluggish.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oh my, an obt?? i have heard its one of the most aggressive and poisonous t in the old world. scary!

goodluck everyone!! {D
No they aren't :) They are pretty fast & some can be pretty defensive, but they aren't always the most aggressive & are not the most poisonous. They are actually the best starter species for getting into the more poisonous ones.

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
Congrats on getting your first T!!! May you get addicted like all of us and not be contented with only one T... hehe. you can read a lot of info here on this forum.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Congrats on getting your first T!!! May you get addicted like all of us and not be contented with only one T... hehe. you can read a lot of info here on this forum.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i have heard its one of the most aggressive and poisonous t in the old world.
Poisonous and venomous are not synonymous with regards to tarantulas.

Last edited: