Help ID'ing this scorpion?

Quazimoto

Arachnopeon
I got this scorpion a while back as a P. viatoris, but I'm having second doubts that that's what it is. I think it's a P. cavimanus based on it's size and temperament, along with pictures I've seen, but I'm not even sure about that. No idea on its age or anything, but it hasn't molted in the 4-6 months I've had it.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated! I can also try to get better pictures if needed as well.
20220128_185053 (2).jpg 20220128_185134.jpg 20220128_185300.jpg

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
It’s not adult yet, which makes it a bit difficult to tell. I think it’s P. viatoris though.

Quazimoto

Arachnopeon
So I was just looking through some old threads about cavimanus being pretty hard to differentiate from viatoris at this age. Is the chela(?) pretty much the best way to tell them apart? (Viatoris having narrower/more slender claws than cavimanus?)

Somebody who's more experienced than me showed me pictures of an adult viatoris on the web, and it showed more granulation on the backplates (telsions?) than mine, which lead me to believe it wasn't a viatoris. Do they get more of it as they age? Or maybe those pictures weren't of a viatoris?

Either way thanks for your guys help!!

Last edited: