Help Identifying this spider

MattMart

Arachnopeon
I went on a day trip to the zoo with my grandparents over the weekend, and saw this spider that was very interesting to me, I've never seen one like this and would like to research it a bit more. Unfortunately the staff in that section at the time didn't know what it was and I couldn't find any name plate anywhere that related to it. Any help identifying this for me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
So this wasn't a wild spider, this was inside an enclosure in the exhibit? How big is it?

It's definitely some sort of orbweaver.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So this wasn't a wild spider, this was inside an enclosure in the exhibit? How big is it?

It's definitely some sort of orbweaver.
Why do you say it's definitely an orbweaver? I was thinking possibly some sort of Theridiidae, based on the legs and what I can see of the eye arrangement - but of course, a size reference and country of origin would be immensely useful in narrowing it down further!

MattMart

Arachnopeon
a size reference and country of origin would be immensely useful in narrowing it down further!
Hello thank you all so far for your ideas as to what it is... Here is a little more information

Size: Not sure on exact size however the abdomen was about the size of a pea.

MattMart

Arachnopeon
Whatever it is it's one cool looking spider.
Yep that's what caught my eye about him, amazing blue coloring. This particular one has a ton more blue on her then the Female Zosis Geniculata on the BugGuide since there is only one on there the really had any slight hint of blue.