Help identifying scorpion

C1gam9550

Arachnopeon
Black telson, thin granulated pedi's and what appears to be granulation on the premosa, as well as it being from a pet shop, my first guess will be spinifer. Im no expert, and ive just begun ID'ing heterometrus scorps myself, so if someone of more experience comes along please correct me

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
It's definately an Asian forest scorpion. (Heterometrus) species. But exactly which Asian first it is, thats beyond me collin clary on here is an expert. Try giving him a message but he will need fill clear pic of all sides

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definitely a Heterometrus species. Clear pictures of the carapace, chela, 5th metasomal segment, and (if possible) pectines would be needed for a more accurate ID.

TaekMin

Arachnopeon
Definitely a Heterometrus species. Clear pictures of the carapace, chela, 5th metasomal segment, and (if possible) pectines would be needed for a more accurate ID.
Sir i need you help
can you identifying my P.dictator is male or female?

Eli02

Arachnopeon
It looks like a H. spinifer. I bought my H. spinifer from PetSmart too

Last edited:

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It is probably not a H. spinifer. Most specimens sold as that species are misidentified H. petersii. However the only way to be sure would be to post pictures of the areas I mentioned earlier.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
I've since increased the amount of substrate to about 3 inches. She prefers to go under the coconut shell, sometimes making a very shallow depression.

She was kept in only 1 inch of substrate most of her life and did just fine.

That's only a 3 gallon enclosure. I can't have her just walking out if I have to clean it. It must be as high as the scorpion is long or else disaster.

Scorp fed1.jpg

Temperature, humidity and lighting are by far more important. If she has a hiding place, why dig a hole?

I'd say at least 25-50% of the time, she's out and about the town totally and aggressively visible. Sometimes she has her claws and tail up like she's ruling the world or walking in circles.

It's kinda like momma said to ***k you up punky boy!! They aren't passive when the temperature and humidity are correct, not emperor scorpions!!

Last edited: