Help identifying scorpion

redhourglass

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi all,

C. elegans is rather large as adults and if I recall the other species mentioned are smaller with general length.

The picture at the Scorpion Files I presented is a confirmed specimen of C. elegans.

Again, there is no need to pursue character diagnostics with species to key out for the polymorphism may or may not rep the whole in any one particular region. Old issue IMO but may the molecular aspect turn the page ...

Sinc. Chad

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hmm, OK thanks, I was just wondering about the colors. I know next to nothing about C. elegans.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Looks like a dead deathstalker (leirus) if so it is probably one of the deadliest to encounter, Iran is home to many very dangerous BUT awesome scorps

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Could be a Leiurus. Has long thin pedipalps/pincers and from what little can be seen the right color on the last tail segment. Regardless, it probably has significant venom. Note: all scorpions are venomous, but most are not dangerous. In Iran you are much more likely to encounter a dangerously venomous species.

John
];')

athena az

Arachnopeon
well, the amazing things is that upon receiving several stings. Nothing happened even without antivenom, It didn't even hurt much. I think the tails is just muddy, and it's not black

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Could have been very lucky and received dry stings. Not that uncommon.

John

];')

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
well, the amazing things is that upon receiving several stings. Nothing happened even without antivenom, It didn't even hurt much. I think the tails is just muddy, and it's not black
Probably dry stings.

Sad to see it is dead, though. Where did you find it?

And yes, as others have said, looks like Leiurus.