Help Identifying "Arizona Mountain Scorpion"

Korohval

Arachnopeon
20220813_153418.jpg
Local pet shop has this scorpion for sale and I would like to know what it is before I consider purchasing it. The shop owner wasn't very helpful.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Wood chips for that poor Vaejovis. No wonder the shop guy doesn't know what it is.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
You can use a mix of sand and coco , or sand , but please don't use wood chips. They can have sharp edges that will cut them.

Last edited:

Korohval

Arachnopeon
You can use a mix of sand and coco , or sand , but please don't use wood chips. They can have sharp edged that will cut them.
Oh, I don't use wood chips. I have a good amount of scorpions and Tarantulas and have my own dirt mix. But also have a sand and clay mix for desert scorpions.

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I hate ignorants who use wood chips with arachnids. I know it isnt OPs fault though. Good on OP for being a good guy.

Korohval

Arachnopeon
I hate ignorants who use wood chips with arachnids. I know it isnt OPs fault though. Good on OP for being a good guy.
Thank you. Yeah I bought the little buddy, but sadly he didn't make it. I had made another thread to vent about it because it's frustrating to see animals kept with no care for their health. At least he died in a little den he made instead of on those wood chips.