Help Identifying an australian scorp

makaveli

Arachnopeon
Hi, i am buying a scorpion from queensland, the owner breeds them but does not know the exact species, he refers to them as Bismarck desert scorpions, and apparently they can get to about 20 cm from claws to tip of tail, making them the largest in australia. Now i havent had any luck with the word bismarck to identify their species name but i was thinking maybe they are exotic and come from the Bismarck, North Dakota or maybe they were just named after the large german ship the "Bismarck"? i will be getting some pics sometime in the near future when i buy them.

Andrew

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't think you'll get much help on an ID till you get some pictures, most people on these boards aren't familiar with Australian scorpions.

pinchythescorp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i am from australia and i have never heard of that type of scorpion before but if anyone can help you it would be Mark A. Newton http://thedailylink.com/phpBB/index.php thats a link to his scorpion forum to join it you have to send him an email asking for a VIP code and he won't reply instantly because he is the only one thats manages the forum if he doesn't email back after 3 days then send him another email.