Help identify

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Im going through my spider and trying to identify the one i dont know. Please help. I got this spider about 6 years ago. Its a small spider only about 3-4 inches. I dont know the sex but i think its a female. It was sold to me as a copper rump? Any body got a quess or know anything anout this spider?

Last edited:

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet
It's Paraphysa scrofa.

bill
I agree with Bill here, its either a Chilean copper or another sp. of the genus Paraphysa, Good Luck anyways!

James

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
James and Bill nailed it, it's Paraphysa scrofa at the moment te common names escapes me but i'll find it!

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well thats exciting..

Originally posted by Exodus
James and Bill nailed it, it's Paraphysa scrofa at the moment te common names escapes me but i'll find it!
Nice to see what my little 1/4 inch p. scrofa (Chilean Copper) is gonna look like when it grows up!

Kim

Last edited:

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Beautiful spider! Mine is more copper colored on the carapace. I love them; It tackles anything that it thinks is food! One time it even jumped on the tongs I was using! They are funny in that, they try so hard, tackling the food and rolling over on it's back even, to get the job done. But genetically they are not as gifted to be as quick as some spiders( short legs, big rump!). But mine is very spirited and enthusiastic. I purchased it last may from Swifty, and D.D. is right, they are a slow grower, though mine is not doing too bad compared to some others I have heard of. It started out as a micro 1/4", now it's about a 1 1/4". :)

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
It's Paraphysa scrofa.
Yup, thats what it looks like , thanks for all the help. Next im gonna post pics of my stripe knees, i need help figuring those all out , what a mess.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Does anybody know how big this spider get or what its worth?

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Exodus
Chilean copper is the common name I always hear for it

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by minax
Beautiful spider! Mine is more copper colored on the carapace. I love them; It tackles anything that it thinks is food! One time it even jumped on the tongs I was using! They are funny in that, they try so hard, tackling the food and rolling over on it's back even, to get the job done. But genetically they are not as gifted to be as quick as some spiders( short legs, big rump!). But mine is very spirited and enthusiastic. I purchased it last may from Swifty, and D.D. is right, they are a slow grower, though mine is not doing too bad compared to some others I have heard of. It started out as a micro 1/4", now it's about a 1 1/4". :)
well, at least it doesn't take up much room. My little sling is all over its container today..after spending three days closed up in its burrow. I thought perhaps it was molting...guess not.