Help Identify? Saw in the Jungle at night Thailand

Brock in the World

Arachnopeon
Hey! I came across her and posted on Facebook and got several different replies as to what she is! I wonder if any expert can help clear it up? Thanks!
Fb.me/brockintheworld

Attachments

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
That is incredible. I wish I would have saw something like that when I was in Thailand.

shaneshac

Arachnosquire
beautiful looking spider. Could be a Heteropoda of some sort but not sure of the true spider species in Thailand

What options did you get on Facebook?

Brock in the World

Arachnopeon
beautiful looking spider. Could be a Heteropoda of some sort but not sure of the true spider species in Thailand

What options did you get on Facebook?
Some people said it is a brazilian wandering spider, other suggestions were less likely.. I am not very knowledgeable on arachnid in this area!

8legfreak

Arachnosquire
Less likely than a Brazilian Wandering spider in Thailand? Hmmmm. Didn't think they wandered that much.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Beautiful little trucker.
Probable Sparassid. Senkenberg has about a half dozen 'yet to be fully described' from SE Asia. The guess on describing mine is around 2020.
BTW. Until the introduction of Latrodectus and Loxosceles here, very recent, there has never been a death from a spider bite in Thailand. So you can rule out our indigenous critters as hazards.

Last edited:

Dr. John

Arachnopeon
Hey! I came across her and posted on Facebook and got several different replies as to what she is! I wonder if any expert can help clear it up? Thanks!
Fb.me/brockintheworld
Fb.me/brockintheworld
Looks to me like Heteropoda boiei , female with egg sac .