HELP! I Think my L. Parahybana is in danger!

What is the best thing to do now? :(

• put her in ICU

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Okay, couple things right off the bat. Firstly, ICU only helps in cases of severe dehydration, and even then manual watering is usually preferable. Secondly, mites are harmless and also don't leave anything resembling what your LP has. Finally, the answer to almost anything that your tarantula could be going through (aside from dehydration) is to leave it alone. So... yeah, leave it alone.

As for what it is, the photo isn't really clear. Does it look something like what I had in this thread?
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/cyst.283830/

If so, then it's likely a drag wound. Although I'll say that your LP isn't overly fat, so I'm hesitant to say that it's a drag wound. Is is lethargic?

Is there any way that you could get a better picture?

Darren Diarachnoboy

Arachnopeon
Okay, couple things right off the bat. Firstly, ICU only helps in cases of severe dehydration, and even then manual watering is usually preferable. Secondly, mites are harmless and also don't leave anything resembling what your LP has. Finally, the answer to almost anything that your tarantula could be going through (aside from dehydration) is to leave it alone. So... yeah, leave it alone.

As for what it is, the photo isn't really clear. Does it look something like what I had in this thread?
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/cyst.283830/

If so, then it's likely a drag wound. Although I'll say that your LP isn't overly fat, so I'm hesitant to say that it's a drag wound. Is is lethargic?

Is there any way that you could get a better picture?
Sir my tarantula have the same spot in that photo that you sent , but not same wound, mine is whiter in color,
Sir this is a clearer photo , i hope shes not in critical condition Sorry for my bad english

Attachments

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Don't use an ICU. Those are only useful for a dehydrated tarantula, but yours has a nice smooth abdomen, so it's not dehydrated. As for that spot, I don't know what that is. It doesn't look like @EulersK 's raw spot. I don't think it's serious.

Darren Diarachnoboy

Arachnopeon
Don't use an ICU. Those are only useful for a dehydrated tarantula, but yours has a nice smooth abdomen, so it's not dehydrated. As for that spot, I don't know what that is. It doesn't look like @EulersK 's raw spot. I don't think it's serious.
This is the first time i encounter this so im really worried sir, all my tarantulas doesnt get this and they do not have sick, sorry for bad english, i just keep praying and hoping shes 100% fine

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Sir my tarantula have the same spot in that photo that you sent , but not same wound, mine is whiter in color,
Sir this is a clearer photo , i hope shes not in critical condition Sorry for my bad english
No need to apologize, I can understand you perfectly :)

I don't think I'd worry too much. That spot actually looks like what my B. albopilosum has after that initial drag wound. She molted, and now there's a gray-ish spot where the wound used to be. Has there been any change in her attitude? Is she moving slower or twitching at all?

Darren Diarachnoboy

Arachnopeon
No need to apologize, I can understand you perfectly :)

I don't think I'd worry too much. That spot actually looks like what my B. albopilosum has after that initial drag wound. She molted, and now there's a gray-ish spot where the wound used to be. Has there been any change in her attitude? Is she moving slower or twitching at all?
Nope shes fine, nothing change in her attitude and movement, she always climb up to my my hand everytime i put my hand beside her, sir by the way what is a DRAG WOUND? And what should i do in the future to avoid it? I have no idea what a drag wound is because i never encounter it, will this wound remove in her next molt??

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Drag wounds are caused by either the T dragging its abdomen across something hard/jagged/abrasive in the enclosure, or just from an obese T dragging its huge abdomen on the ground constantly. Another molt will certainly help, if that's what it is.

Darren Diarachnoboy

Arachnopeon
Drag wounds are caused by either the T dragging its abdomen across something hard/jagged/abrasive in the enclosure, or just from an obese T dragging its huge abdomen on the ground constantly. Another molt will certainly help, if that's what it is.
Okay sir thankyou for everything! You helped me a lot! Have a good day godbless!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
probably both. a T would have to be insanely obese to get a "drag" wound in the first place.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Tarantulas can actually survive far worse wounds than that, if it is indeed a drag spot. This is a Youtube video in which a rescued A. geniculata has a severe burn on the underside of her abdomen. She molts successfully, and we can see inside the old exoskeleton. It's disturbing. It literally looks like the exoskeleton boiled or melted because it has dried bubbles. But the tarantula seems to be recovering. If that tarantula can make it through that, I'm sure yours will be okay.