Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

HELP i think my flat rock scorpion has died

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Baaabbb, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Baaabbb

Baaabbb Arachnopeon

Uk
    Advertisement
    He is very young, born in january. Ive had him for under a month and i have not seen him shed yet.

I noticed he was in the same position under his moss since yesterday will not move at all, and he has some discolouration on his wee arms. He has been eating fine.

I dont know what to do and i dont want to loose him.

Attached Files:

2. Outpost31Survivor

Outpost31Survivor Arachnobaron Active Member

I don't know what may be wrong with the scorpion, but are you keeping it bone dry? I say this because you are using moss.

3. Baaabbb

Baaabbb Arachnopeon

Uk
    An expert i spoke to recommended putting a small bit of moss in the corner because of him shedding, the rest of the enclosire is dry.

4. Outpost31Survivor

Outpost31Survivor Arachnobaron Active Member

Hmm, I don't have alot experience with this species and I have never raised one. I think I will let someone else chime in. Does this expert breed or raise them?

5. Mordax8393

Mordax8393 Arachnoknight

USA
    Unfortunately it is dead. Often, young scorpions die unexpectedly.

6. FrDoc

FrDoc Gen. 1:24-25 Arachnosupporter

I have had one of these for well over a year. I bought it as a 2i. It has not molted, has eaten maybe 5 times, is kept bone dry, and seems pretty much content. It moves around a lot, and can be pretty quick. I keep around 40 T’s, scorps, and true spiders, and my H. troglodyte is hands down the most boring specimen. All this said to suggest that the fact it didn’t molt is probably not a consideration as they are infamously slow growers.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.