Help...! I think my AGB is ill

Animaniac

Arachnopeon
I have 2 AGB Millipedes that i purchased yesterday they were fine at first but then i noticed in the morning that one of them (the bigger of the 2) was lying on his side waving his legs in the air loosly and i can't get him to stand up and i don't know whats wrong.

Has this happened to anyone elses millipede?

I am really worried about her what should I do?

Thanks in advance to any replies. :)

Rav

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately that is a sign that they will probably expire soon. Make sure the tempurature and humidity is good, as well as having food and water nearby and hope for the best.

If something was wrong, it probably started before you got it, unless of course something happened after you took possesion (dropped, too hot/cold, ate something toxic). Do you know how old it is?

I've seen my AGB go partially on her side and clean her underside and legs for short times, but if yours is stretched out and lying on its side it is a bad sign, especially if its body is limp and they won't curl up.

Any other information could be useful.

Good luck!

Animaniac

Arachnopeon
Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure how old it is it's about 7" or 8" long.

I'm not sure if it might be the temp' or humidity but i don't think she's been dropped since i've owned her.

The temp' in the tank is about 23 degrees c.
The humidity is 80%.

My other 1 seems to be doing great!

Rav

Arachnopeon
It sounds like your conditions are good then. Maybe try to warm it up a few degrees until they get settled in and calmed down and see if that helps.

Did you buy it locally or was it shipped? Was it a captive bred one or wild caught one? Wild can sometimes carry a disease or parasite that can sicken them later in life.

Maybe if Millipeter or another expert reads this they can provide some more information for you.

Animaniac

Arachnopeon
I had it sent through the post but not from far away or over seas.

I think its Wild Caught so it might have a parasite or something.

I don't have any high hopes for her though she is very limp and won't curl up and i think the amount ofleg wiggling is slowly decreasing but i'll cross my fingers for her!

Thanks for your help Rav

Animaniac

Arachnopeon
I am sorry to see she died over night.

I only had her for a day but i still loved her.

R.I.P Zig the AGB

Bark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That sucks...wonder why....
AGBs don't ship too well. You will get one that was shaken up a lot by the UPS guy, it may seem fine for a couple of days, and then it will lay on its side just as Animaniac's did. The sad thing is that most of them die over a period of days. :(

Animanic, contact the shipper and see if he/she will give you some money back or store credit. Sorry for your loss.

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am sorry to see she died over night.

I only had her for a day but i still loved her.

R.I.P Zig the AGB
Awwwwwwwww! :( I love her name. ♥ I wonder why too. But at least she's no longer suffering. But I wish she didn't have to in the first place. My condolences.

Black Widow88