Help I have babies!!!

WhitenerJ

Arachnosquire
So I have been incubating my G. Roseas eggs for over a month and thought they were really just duds. I was fixing to throw them out and saw something crawling. There are 5 little babies moving around. The water was dry in the incubator so I added more water and looks like more eggs are halfway through hatching. What do I need to do??? I have a few small deli cups but when should I move them and how do I care for them. First time dad panicking. Lol.

Last edited:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
This is how it works; first is eggs, then eggs with legs, next 1st instar (you have some of these), finally 2nd instar. That's when you separate them to individual cups and start feeding them. Till then don't let the water in the incubator run out, they will dry up and die and keep the temp around 80 degrees . Don't get the netting wet they will mold. The time between steps varies with temp, humidity, and species but around 30-45 days each step.
Good luck

WhitenerJ

Arachnosquire
Awesome info. So I'm assuming this little guys will molt quickly? Will some of the other eggs possible hatch as well?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
They might still hatch if it did not get to cold or to dry. and the ones that can crawl around on their own are 1st instar and will molt to 2nd instar aprox 30-45 days after molting to 1st instar

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
Just be sure to separate any eggs that are definitely no good ;)

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
yes they can spoil rot and spread it to others. Don't give up on any till they are dry like a raisin or dark and rotten

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Use a magnifying glass and you should be able to see if they are developing or not

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
Oh and keep us updated! I would love to have spider babies of my own one day :D