Help!!i got an eggsac!

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well last night i went into my room and clicked on the flourescent light i use for veiwing my t's, i looked over at my 4" female florida huntsman and noticed she has a disc shaped eggsac underneath her, shes in there now guarding it(holdinding it under her with her pedipalps)... ok, how do i succesfully hatch these guys this is so awesome, can i put them in a homemade hammock style incubator(if so please tell me exactly how to make it, or show me a link please), temps?, humidity?, how big will they be if they hatch? will i have to feed them fruit flys?, sorry for all the questions folks i'm pretty excited and need all the info and help i can get, thanks ahead of time!--Jeff=D :? =D

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
anyone know

okay , well i found some info, like that the eggsac's contain more than 200 eggs and that its disc shaped(obviously), and that the mother holds it and is relativly immobile while holding it.Does anyone know what temps and humidity would be appropriate? how long does it take for them to hatch? what to feed the young,etc...?

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Raising Sparassidae

All you ever wanted to know about rearing,maintaining, etc of Sparassidae in captivity,is by E-mailing this young man:

Francesco Thomasinelli of Genova, Italy:

<giantsquid@tiscalinet.it>

Last edited:

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

cool thanks johns, do you have any info you could share with me right while i wait to hear back from this guy?--Jeff

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

ummm? anyone here know what i'm talking about?, please if anyone has any info that will help i'd gladly appreciate it, i lucked out and she has an egg sac it would really suck to have it spoil or go bad because i could'nt find any help, thanks--Jeff

Last edited:

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Last edited:

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

thanks john, i'll go check those out now, sounds pretty cool semi-communal heh?, thanks again, also thanks kug--Jeff