Help!! Help !!

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
Hello, I need urgent help!! I have 2 Androctonus crassicauda, one died lastnight. They were fine at the start, but now they reject any and all food, aren't active and I feel like something is off. Sadly one died lastnight, he looked pretty skinny so I'm thinking it's cause he wouldn't eat? The other is pretty plump. I spray some water in once every few days ( 2-4 days, depending on room humidity ) crickets every 2 week, nothing larger then the scorpions themselves. They're on zoo med excavation clay for substrate along with some yellow sand ( washed, baked and thoroughly cleaned ) they have air holes.. their set ups are decent. But not sure what the hell happened... I really really really don't want the second to go ( I doubt he will, he's pretty well fed and seems to be active ) anyone got anything ? Google isn't much help. Any input helps hugely and is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's not that easy without pictures, man. Can you upload some? Scorpion (of the dead one as well, if available) and the whole enclosure.

I'm not exactly a scorpion man, now, but I wouldn't spray too much around those: IMO a water dish always full and sometimes a bit of water poured directly in the substrate are better.

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
I spray depending on room humidity. My house gets pretty dry sometimes so every few days I do need to spray a bit, a shot or two of a mist spray. Maybe a bad idea still.. but my second scorpion seems fine atm. So not sure what went wrong.

Attachments

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
Hard to see the other one, but he's pretty fat and is responsive to opening the deli cup. The first pic, hard to see ( my camera is horrible ) is much skinnier, but his behaviour was odd. The whole rejecting food and not being seen for days and days at a time.

Attachments

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Sorry for your loss. How long have you had them? New arrivals or established?

ScorpionObsession

Arachnosquire
i ordered 7 Androctonus species scorpion all the same species but 3 came from a different locality then the other four,i kept them all seperate. Out of nowhere recently all 3 from the same locality died. The other 4 are fine and seem healthy(as did the others). I have no explanation why except that they were maybe in a bad brood or just unhealthy.

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
Yeah, hopefully everything is fine. They are new arrivals, only a couple months in. Still worried a bit about the other one. I'll be keeping a eye on him. :(

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Honestly, sometimes it just happens. Conditions look pretty good. I have had many scorpions, young and old that just die for no reason. It is an unfortunate part of the hobby.

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
I think I found what happened. In the back of the little cave I found some cricket limbs. I know crickets rotting give off fumes that can be bad for aracnids and insects. So I'm thinking that might be what did it.