Help, hairs question?

Ladycolt29

Arachnopeon
OK I got rid of my ex.b.f. I made the mistake of keeping the T-Blondi since his place was not big enough. It was an excuse to keep coming by. Well, he found out I started dating and now I have a restraining order. The court ordered him to come get the T-Blondi with a cop present. He left behind the 40gal. breeder tank. I wanted it out so I could have more room in my living room. I put safety goggles on and gloves. I tried to get all the substrate out. I realized I was getting hairs all over. I then had my 15yr son help me carry the tank outside and dump it. We then put it in the basement. I took a shower right away last night and one again this morning. I still feel itchy around my neck and chest. What else can I do to make it stop? I tried to do a search but nothing came up. I just started back at work yersterday from being out on disabilty from having surgery so I can't just leave. I get an hour lunch so I can always run to the drug store for things. Any help will be much appreciated.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi over here the u/k we can buy HYDROCORTISONE CREAM 0.1% that is very good as i have used it and it works well hope this helps --- phil

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi over here the u/k we can buy HYDROCORTISONE CREAM 0.1% that is very good as i have used it and it works well hope this helps --- phil
i agree. next time use duct tape to get the hairs off. its quicker and much more effective. just place the tape on the effected area, pull off and youre done. it doesnt feel great but feels better than hairs embeded in your skin.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You can also try taking some benedryl or other oral antihistamines. If you don't respond to that or the cream, it may just have to run its course and should be better in a few days.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I suffered for two weeks of itching from some blondi hairs. Nothing worked other than to just wait it out. But I look at it this way.. bad as it was.. doesn't even come close to the suffering from chigger bites. :)