HELP! H. namaquensis spilled sac :(

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Hi guys,

I need some help. My H. namaquensis seems to have spilled her sac. This has never happened to me before.

Is there anything that I can do? I think she has already given up hope.

IMG_0713.JPG

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Guess the best is just to hope she webs over the rest. She is not very active though :(

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Oh dang! Don't have a clue about breeding. Hopefully she'll at least wrap up some of them :/

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
Im not to knowledgeable with breeding Ts so Im not sure how much help Ill be. Could you possibly carefully take the eggs and put them in an incubator? how necessary is the web sac?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I dont know if that could be done safely. I'' gonna leave her too it and hope that she doesnt abandon it. It seems she has webbed over some. I hope she can fix it.

I have seen it happen to others before but not sure if you can do anything about it :(

louise f

Arachnoangel
First of all sorry to hear this friend. I am crossing my fingers for she will make a sac. @Chris LXXIX is right this happened recently to my P.lugardi. But there`s still hope for your girl. Mine did not web up the slightest. Your`s have made quite some webbing try to give some rest alone. Crossing here :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
First of all sorry to hear this friend. I am crossing my fingers for she will make a sac. @Chris LXXIX is right this happened recently to my P.lugardi. But there`s still hope for your girl. Mine did not web up the slightest. Your`s have made quite some webbing try to give some rest alone. Crossing here :)
I remember seeing the photo of your lugardi. Did your lugardi not manage to fix?

My girl hasnt moved much since I took that photo.

I can kind of see some yellow areas under the heavy web. I am hoping she will tuck into a sac even though most have obviously slipped out.

It's just so annoying because they are so damn rare and the male is long dead :(:(:(:(

louise f

Arachnoangel
I remember seeing the photo of your lugardi. Did your lugardi not manage to fix?

My girl hasnt moved much since I took that photo.

I can kind of see some yellow areas under the heavy web. I am hoping she will tuck into a sac even though most have obviously slipped out.

It's just so annoying because they are so damn rare and the male is long dead :(:(:(:(
Nope she didn`t fix it. They just layed there. :( I hope she get it done.

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah,better luck next time...she may just eat them...but if they don't get rolled into a sac, forgetaboutit.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Ohh what a pity. Those eggs are scrambled :( feed her well for the next week or two then try to pair her again (if you have a male, obviously) to make sure she's got enough sperm left. Then pray for a double clutch! Not with that species, but I have had success in getting a rapid double clutch turn around with another baboon that lost the first sac using the above method. Re-pairing may not be necessary, but I've had partially fertilized sacs before and didn't want to risk it.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Ohh what a pity. Those eggs are scrambled :( feed her well for the next week or two then try to pair her again (if you have a male, obviously) to make sure she's got enough sperm left. Then pray for a double clutch! Not with that species, but I have had success in getting a rapid double clutch turn around with another baboon that lost the first sac using the above method. Re-pairing may not be necessary, but I've had partially fertilized sacs before and didn't want to risk it.
This sp. does double clutch though the male is no longer with us and I it will be almost impossible to find one :(. I will try and feed her up but it isnt going to do much. I will need to just try again when my male matures (a long time from now)

Win some, lose some. Its a shame it happened with her though

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Shes munched it anyway. I'll fatten her up and rehouse her.

Maybe I can find another male in couple years. I see ze Germans are selling slings again.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
This sp. does double clutch though the male is no longer with us and I it will be almost impossible to find one :(. I will try and feed her up but it isnt going to do much. I will need to just try again when my male matures (a long time from now)

Win some, lose some. Its a shame it happened with her though
Eh, feed her and try to trigger another drop. You might be surprised!