Help for Worried Newbie Please

Ticul

Arachnopeon
I'm new to centipedes and millipedes. I have an African Olive Centipede that I purchased about a month ago. It ate at the store before I brought it home, then it buried itself and hasn't come out on its own at all that I've noticed.

I kept two crickets in the cage with some food to hold them over until the pede finds them. A month passed and the two crickets were still alive so yesterday I dug around to make sure the pede was alive. He was. I scooped him up and threw a cricket in and he ate a small portion of it.

Is it normal for pedes to bury themselves for 1+ months? If not, what am I doing wrong?

It is in a 5.5 gallon glass cage with a screen top that is held in place with a plastic pin. I have about 3 inches of moist eco earth and a water bowl in the cage as well.

A Pic of my cpede

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds to me like it just isn't hungry at the moment. It is common for Pedes to stay burrowed And not eat for a long time. It looks healthy enough from the pics, I wouldn't worry.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And some even hibernate, for up to 6 months, so don't panic. But also if food is there after 48 hours remove it. If your 'pede is molting crickets can easily kill it.:eek: