Help for tarantula who had bad molt

Hetha

Arachnopeon
Our P. Sp. Rufus had a very bad molt a couple of weeks ago. My wife fortunately was able to help get him free but as you can see his legs are badly damaged. We’ve been keeping him in a quarantine cup with a damp paper towel. He is able to move around a bit and will take crickets and has also been pooping. Is there any way his legs will heal with another molt? Also should we continue to keep him on the paper towel or should we move him back to substrate? Thank you so much to anyone who is able to help.

Attachments

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
I'd put him back in his old enclosure on substrate. If he's eating and pooping that's a positive, nothing else you can do except let him go through a few molts and see if he can repair those legs. Might take some time though / might not be possible but we can hope.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
I'd put him back in his old enclosure on substrate. If he's eating and pooping that's a positive, nothing else you can do except let him go through a few molts and see if he can repair those legs. Might take some time though / might not be possible but we can hope.
This is the best advice.Nothing much else you can do.

Yigzatoth

Arachnopeon
Once i had a bad molt with a I. mira, almost all legs crooked, but she was eating so i left her in the enclosure. Eventually she molted and everything turned normal.
Only time will tell, nothing much to do beside wait and leave him/her alone.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
will take crickets and has also been pooping.
This is a very good sign. Put T back in home! Keep feeding or assisting it with eating etc, there's nothing you can do but hope.