Help for Heterometrus cyaneus unexpected scorpionlings

Renatozzo

Arachnopeon
I have an heterometrus cyaneus that last week had babies, I got it from a pet shop around 1 year ago and it's my only scorpion so it caught me off guard and I didn't do the proper research for the care of both the babies and the mother.
I know that I'm supposed to get the babies in another enclosure after their first molt, so when they are freely roaming right?
Also general care tips for the scorpionlings are really appreciated.
As of right now just a couple are on the ground and the other are still all on the mother's back
I also noticed some king of white looking membrane on the mother is this normal?

Whisper

Arachnopeon
I also had surprise scorpion babies, so I know what you're going through! Yes, you do want to separate out the babies. I've put all of mine into different little enclosures. (I used some deli cups and some of my Tupperware in a pinch. My good Tupperware 😡 lol.)

Don't worry about the stuff on the mothers back. It's likely leftover molt from the young. It freaked me out too but it's all off now a few weeks later after the babies evacuated.

A few tips: beware of escapees! I missed a baby in the big tank and somehow it ended up in my bathroom! I was able to rescue it and am still not sure how it got out, but few people like the thought of little scorpions roaming the house. Also, you should probably keep the substrate a little moist for them. When feeding, I cut their crickets and mealworms up so they can just scavenge. I haven't found anything locally I'm comfortable with letting them take down on their own.

Good luck, it's a bit of a ride. Hope I was of some help.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
With Heterometrinae, you can actually keep the scorplings communally with the mom. The mom will feed them prekilled insects. Cannibalism is very rare with Keep them sufficiently damp!
The white stuff on her back are the first molts of the scorplings.

Whisper

Arachnopeon
I did not know you could keep them together! That's cool. I would still make sure that the cage is very secure. It's a lot easier to keep a big adult contained then those little babies!

Renatozzo

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone for the advices, i think I'll keep them with the mom since the enclosure is pretty big and with lots of hidings, right now they are almost all on the ground but they are staying always under/very close to the mom, should i already start feeding prekilled prey?

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
You can try. Feeding live is possible too, if you give it by tweezers. The mom will kill it and give some to the scorplings. Don’t let crickets free roam the enclosure, as they can be bitey towards the babies, and may stress out the mom. But prekilled is perfectly fine as well.