Help: Escaped Pokie

Sarah Scardina

Arachnopeon
I already know how bad I messed up so please keep the negative opinions to yourself anyway my poceletherua striata adult female is currently in the corner of the room on the ceiling I don't know what to do.im not tall enough to cup her. Even on a chair

Attachments

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Close the room so she can't get out of it. Close any vents or windows. Remove all loose pets (like cats or dogs) from the room. Put a towel across the bottom of the door to seal the gap.

If you have a ladder that will allow you to reach her, get it.

If not, do you have something long and soft/light that you could use to prod her so she might come lower? A Swiffer duster or long, soft feather duster or something similar might do the trick - just be very careful because you only want to lightly brush her with the fluffy parts of it. You don't want to poke her with the hard stick portion, because that might injure her.

Before
you try prodding her with the duster, clear the area around/below her - move any furniture she might run behind away from the walls if you can and remove as much small clutter from the room as possible. Then, very gently try to brush her legs from the ceiling side, to prompt her to run lower.

Be ready with a catch cup when she comes down. If she runs into another inaccessible spot, repeat as needed until you get her out in the open and within reach. Use a big (but lightweight) catch cup to decrease the chance of accidentally pinning one of her legs when you put it over her. Have a stiff sheet of paper or cardboard handy to slide under the cup once you've got it over her.

And be careful! She is going to be scared and may be defensive, so keep your fingers well clear when you are trying to cup her. You don't want to get bitten!

Sarah Scardina

Arachnopeon
Ugghe. That was intense. I went and got a ladder and managed to cup her in a to go carrier I spent an hour looking for her when I realized where she was. Thank you..now I'm going to go silently have a heart attack
Close the room so she can't get out of it. Close any vents or windows. Remove all loose pets (like cats or dogs) from the room. Put a towel across the bottom of the door to seal the gap.

If you have a ladder that will allow you to reach her, get it.

If not, do you have something long and soft/light that you could use to prod her so she might come lower? A swiffer duster or long, soft feather duster or something similar might do the trick - just be very careful because you only want to lightly brush her with the fluffy parts of it. You don't want to poke her with the hard stick portion, because that might injure her.

Before
you try prodding her with the duster, clear the area around/below her - move any furniture she might run behind away from the walls if you can. Then, very gently try to brush her legs from the ceiling side, to promp her to run lower. Be ready with a catch cup when she comes down. If she runs into another inaccessible spot, repeat as needed until you get her out in the open and within reach. Use a big (but lightweight) catch cup to decrease the chance of accidentally pinning one of her legs when you put it over her. Have a stiff sheet of paper or cardboard handy to slide under the cup once you've got it over her.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ugghe. That was intense. I went and got a ladder and managed to cup her in a to go carrier I spent an hour looking for her when I realized where she was. Thank you..now I'm going to go silently have a heart attack
I'm glad she was safely recovered!

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to have a silent heart attack... :dead:

Congrats on safely recovering her!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I already know how bad I messed up so please keep the negative opinions to yourself anyway my poceletherua striata adult female is currently in the corner of the room on the ceiling I don't know what to do.im not tall enough to cup her. Even on a chair
How did this happen?

You can’t force it to move unless you can reach it, or use something to reach it.

Sarah Scardina

Arachnopeon
How did this happen?

You can’t force it to move unless you can reach it, or use something to reach it.
The top part of her cage had a small hole. Yeah. I know. Just. Don't. I've beaten myself up more than y'all could. She's fine. I got her.