HELP EMERGENCY dead t ???

celestiaiiove

Arachnopeon
this is going to be all over the place because im very nervous but hi, ive had my mexican fireleg for just over a year shes been super easy to care for shes about 3 inches and i love her. a few hours ago i saw her in the corner behind a plant (which she has never gone behind) and at the bottom on her side, not back. i was very concerned that maybe something was wrong as i am sort of new. she typically molts on her back under her hide so i never suspected it to be a molt but could it be??? she ate a day or two ago and her abdomen isnt big/bald. which is why i am so concerned. she hasnt molted in a while either. she was even active today. i did go into her enclosure sort of and i moved her hide a little so im unsure if this is stress related? i did not believe she was molting and could possibly be dehydration or something so i did a gentle poke and she moved very very gently, but she usually will run away or jerk away. i dont want to disturb more incase of a molt but please help. she has water in her enclosure at all times so i dont know if this is actually dehydration. someone please help im so anxious i dont know what i did wrong ive kept her schedule the same over the last year. ill attach an image. her toes arent curled so i dont think she has died but i dont know. D507A815-70CC-4AA8-83ED-BFCC2449B662.jpeg

basin79

ArachnoGod
She's hiding as you move her hide.

Looks like you need more substrate in your exo terra too as the gap looks huge to the top. Unless it's the camera angle.

Also why the panic? No death curl, no rupture/injury from falling.

celestiaiiove

Arachnopeon
She's hiding as you move her hide.

Looks like you need more substrate in your exo terra too as the gap looks huge to the top. Unless it's the camera angle.

Also why the panic? No death curl, no rupture/injury from falling.
okay thankyou for the tip, she hasnt been very into climbing so i didnt think it would be a big deal but i will fix that.

im just a panicky person ahah this was new behavior for her so i thought it could be a sign of her dying or something. she hasnt moved from that position in a while

cold blood

Staff member
That enclosure is not appropriate for a terrestrial....it likely fell.

Swagg

Arachnoknight
It looks like you are using an exoterra nano tall. That would be more suitable for an adult avic or other arboreal T. In your case it may wind up being a death sentence for your's. There are lots of options on the market. Most of my terrestrials are kept in sterolite containers or display cases. Lots of videos on YouTube for building these.

celestiaiiove

Arachnopeon
It looks like you are using an exoterra nano tall. That would be more suitable for an adult avic or other arboreal T. In your case it may wind up being a death sentence for your's. There are lots of options on the market. Most of my terrestrials are kept in sterolite containers or display cases. Lots of videos on YouTube for building these.
okay, i really messed up i guess. shes never had issues the last year with it so i never felt the need to change it. thanks for your help hopefully she’s still alive, i dont see any visible damage and i saw her leg move once

celestiaiiove

Arachnopeon
I hope your T is okay, keep us posted on how it is doing and best of luck.
thanks so much, i went to put a bottle cap with water next to her in case she fell so she could get water and she kind of jerked away moving position, so she isnt dead thankfully! i got scared that she fell but im starting to think she might be hiding because i moved her hide earlier, as someone previously said. will be getting a different cage to prevent a fall in the future though!

Jimmy The Joint

Arachnopeon
thanks so much, i went to put a bottle cap with water next to her in case she fell so she could get water and she kind of jerked away moving position, so she isnt dead thankfully! i got scared that she fell but im starting to think she might be hiding because i moved her hide earlier, as someone previously said. will be getting a different cage to prevent a fall in the future though!
You can always add a little more substrate to you existing enclosure if you can in the meantime while you get your new enclosure just to be safe.

celestiaiiove

Arachnopeon
You can always add a little more substrate to you existing enclosure if you can in the meantime while you get your new enclosure just to be safe.
thats very true, its an exo terra and filled to where to doors open but i never thought about just strictly using the top to open it and filling it higher, thanks so much you probably just saved me a lot of money lol

Jimmy The Joint

Arachnopeon
thats very true, its an exo terra and filled to where to doors open but i never thought about just strictly using the top to open it and filling it higher, thanks so much you probably just saved me a lot of money lol
Yeah as long as you can make it safe for your T and you don't mind using the tank that way, its a good way to give you some time to source another enclosure or just stick with what you have got.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Also sorry once again to be the barer of bad news but the mesh needs covering too if you decide to stick with the exo terra. Unfortunately tarantulas have been known to get their foot claws stuck in them.

Easy to fix though and you DON'T have to remove the actual mesh. Just cover it up with a piece of perspex.

celestiaiiove

Arachnopeon
Also sorry once again to be the barer of bad news but the mesh needs covering too if you decide to stick with the exo terra. Unfortunately tarantulas have been known to get their foot claws stuck in them.

Easy to fix though and you DON'T have to remove the actual mesh. Just cover it up with a piece of perspex.
thank you, i’ll fix that soon as well.

celestiaiiove

Arachnopeon
this is going to be all over the place because im very nervous but hi, ive had my mexican fireleg for just over a year shes been super easy to care for shes about 3 inches and i love her. a few hours ago i saw her in the corner behind a plant (which she has never gone behind) and at the bottom on her side, not back. i was very concerned that maybe something was wrong as i am sort of new. she typically molts on her back under her hide so i never suspected it to be a molt but could it be??? she ate a day or two ago and her abdomen isnt big/bald. which is why i am so concerned. she hasnt molted in a while either. she was even active today. i did go into her enclosure sort of and i moved her hide a little so im unsure if this is stress related? i did not believe she was molting and could possibly be dehydration or something so i did a gentle poke and she moved very very gently, but she usually will run away or jerk away. i dont want to disturb more incase of a molt but please help. she has water in her enclosure at all times so i dont know if this is actually dehydration. someone please help im so anxious i dont know what i did wrong ive kept her schedule the same over the last year. ill attach an image. her toes arent curled so i dont think she has died but i dont know. View attachment 351790
UPDATE

doubt anyone will see this update but she is out and about!! will be keeping an eye out for any possible internal bleeding. dont see any sign of external injury! going to fix your suggestions for her enclosure this week, thankyou everyone for your help 8C3D96F7-5877-44F8-8A22-1A6459BFA398.jpeg