Problem Help deleting a review

Element

Arachnopeon
I posted a poor review of a user (Casey K) and the seller has since corrected the issues and I would like to rescind my poor review. I’m looking for a method to delete a review and I know I can no longer edit the review. Any help would be appreciated. Also if there is a sticky on this process somewhere let me know because I’ve been looking for 2 days

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
@Element Please make sure that you read up on the rules for posting reviews. Reviews are only allowed to be posted if you consider your transaction to be complete. Where you feel nothing the seller can do or say will change your mind. This is exactly why we have this rule in place. We do this so the seller is allowed sufficient time to correct any issues. Please make sure that you are more careful moving forward.

This actually goes for everyone.

Also, reviews are NOT allowed to be removed. So make sure it is the one you want to leave permanently.

Debby

Last edited:

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Also, reviews are NOT allowed to be removed. So make sure it is the one you want to leave permanently.
While AB initially sounds very arbitrary and mercenary about the review posting rules, this is extremely fair and proper for all concerned. Reviews aren't likes/dislikes on a social media that get clicked if something rubs you the wrong way or you just happen to be in an upbeat frame of mind at that moment. Reviews are significant. Careers and businesses are made or ruined by them. Think them out and think them over very carefully.

Last edited:

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
I dislike this rule. I have had instances with a positive first transaction, then been cheated on subsequent transactions. I posted the review following my good experience after the transaction was complete, but found myself unable to update the review to reflect the negative second transaction months later.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I dislike this rule. I have had instances with a positive first transaction, then been cheated on subsequent transactions. I posted the review following my good experience after the transaction was complete, but found myself unable to update the review to reflect the negative second transaction months later.
Rather than updating the original review to discuss a different transaction (when the original transaction was satisfactory), you should really be posting a separate review of the new transaction. However, that's an unfortunate limitation of the review system, that it only allows you to leave one review for each seller.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
@Element Please make sure that you read up on the rules for posting reviews. Reviews are only allowed to be posted if you consider your transaction to be complete. Where you feel nothing the seller can do or say will change your mind. This is exactly why we have this rule in place. We do this so the seller is allowed sufficient time to correct any issues. Please make sure that you are more careful moving forward.

This actually goes for everyone.

Debby
How would you suggest someone handle mis-IDed slings? Its virtually impossible to tell that you got the species you requested until slings grow up. What should one do about their review if a year or two later turns out your ABC sling is an XYZ adult and the original vendor doesn’t help with the situation?

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Rather than updating the original review to discuss a different transaction (when the original transaction was satisfactory), you should really be posting a separate review of the new transaction. However, that's an unfortunate limitation of the review system, that it only allows you to leave one review for each seller.
Yeah, I would post a second review if I could. But I can’t. So why correct me on which hypothetical but impossible method to inform the world I ought to use? Seems to me that removing a time limit on editing would be an easier fix than allowing multiple reviews if the platform doesn’t permit that.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Yeah, I would post a second review if I could. But I can’t. So why correct me on which hypothetical but impossible method to inform the world I ought to use? Seems to me that removing a time limit on editing would be an easier fix than allowing multiple reviews if the platform doesn’t permit that.
There should indeed be some sort of recourse. I’m actually in the very boat I described. I guess the world will never know about it though....

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
So why correct me on which hypothetical but impossible method to inform the world I ought to use? Seems to me that removing a time limit on editing would be an easier fix than allowing multiple reviews if the platform doesn’t permit that.
Editing an old review of Transaction A to discuss Transaction B could be as misleading as what we have now, as the star averages would reflect only Transaction B. (Right now, we have the opposite problem, where the averages reflect only Transaction A.)

Additionally, the reviews are listed chronologically, so I don't know how many users would be going to reviews from, say, 3 years ago in search of recent transaction reviews.

Moreover, if we allowed editing of reviews, people would post more reviews prematurely as an attempt to get the seller's attention, when what we really want is for the reviewer to wait until the transaction is truly completed, and the seller has had a chance to respond to any issues that arose.

I would really like to see the review feature updated to allow multiple reviews, so that each transaction can be reviewed independently on its own merits.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I would really like to see the review feature updated to allow multiple reviews, so that each transaction can be reviewed independently on its own merits.
Ideally any review could be updated with a macro that labels the original review with Has Been Updated and the new review appended to the old.
But I would point out, forums, their structure and their programming language has a number of limitations.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Thanks all for your comments and suggestions! :)

How would you suggest someone handle mis-IDed slings? Its virtually impossible to tell that you got the species you requested until slings grow up. What should one do about their review if a year or two later turns out your ABC sling is an XYZ adult and the original vendor doesn’t help with the situation?
There are very rare circumstances that we will allow an edit. This would be one of them. If that is the case, then you contact us and inform us of what has transpired, and we can go ahead and add an addendum to your original review.

Editing an old review of Transaction A to discuss Transaction B could be as misleading as what we have now, as the star averages would reflect only Transaction B. (Right now, we have the opposite problem, where the averages reflect only Transaction A.)

Additionally, the reviews are listed chronologically, so I don't know how many users would be going to reviews from, say, 3 years ago in search of recent transaction reviews.

Moreover, if we allowed editing of reviews, people would post more reviews prematurely as an attempt to get the seller's attention, when what we really want is for the reviewer to wait until the transaction is truly completed, and the seller has had a chance to respond to any issues that arose.

Exactly this! We have been begging for the review system to be modified to allow users to not be limited to only one. With the forum software, we rely on the addon developers to make any modifications. It was mentioned and requested by multiple forum admins that this is a wanted addition to the feature. We were all informed that it will never happen with this version of the software, as the software developers are talking about an upgrade. Hopefully it will be included as part of the upgrade. This is what we are waiting to see if it happens.

The only other option is to remove the addon and go back to the way it was. Sloppy and requires 24/7 attention by a dedicated mod, which is near impossible to keep up with. Believe me, we are just as unhappy with the limitation as all of you are. We will continue to explore any options available. Unfortunately, at this time, it remains status quo.

Debby

Last edited:

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
That is one of the few things I miss about the "old style" AB forums, I liked the reviews forum much more.

As an aside, one must be cautious about reviews. I once gave a Molly Ringwald movie a poor review and I'm STILL paying for that! Molly does not take criticism well.