Help deciding suitable inhabitants?

Sweetsy

Arachnopeon
Hi there I'm new here!! I was wondering what people thought would be some options for housing in this cute acrylic tank that I impulse bought! I definitely think it's too small for a lot of arachnids and other buggies and might be a bit too ventilated as well (I was also wondering if some washi tape could help with it being too ventilated) for some species? The dimensions for it are 7.8 x 7.8 x 5.9 inches and 1.4 gallons! If it's not suitable for living things I might just make a terrarium but I haven't had a pet in a year or so and I'm feeling a bit lonely.(For reference I'm a beginner/intermediate keeper, I've had some insects/myriapods in the past as well as reptiles and small mammals and worked as a reptile care technician!)

Attachments

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
Be sure to clean it thoroughly in case it has come into contact with any chemicals. Put anything into it that you can accommodate enclosure requirements, and legally of course. Tons of arachnids and inverts can live very comfortably in a well ventilated cage.

Sweetsy

Arachnopeon
Be sure to clean it thoroughly in case it has come into contact with any chemicals. Put anything into it that you can accommodate enclosure requirements, and legally of course. Tons of arachnids and inverts can live very comfortably in a well ventilated cage.
Do you have any specific species in mind for that size tank? 1.4 gallons seems a little small.

Coradams

Arachnoknight
Hi Welcome to the forum. I am not one for pink but that is a cute little enclosure there. I am thinking maybe a Scutigera coleoptrata (house centipede) or a small colony of isopods might be a nice fit for that size. I also wonder if it would work for a dwarf terrestrial tarantula but I don't have one myself so I'll let someone with more experience speak to that.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi there I'm new here!! I was wondering what people thought would be some options for housing in this cute acrylic tank that I impulse bought! I definitely think it's too small for a lot of arachnids and other buggies and might be a bit too ventilated as well (I was also wondering if some washi tape could help with it being too ventilated) for some species? The dimensions for it are 7.8 x 7.8 x 5.9 inches and 1.4 gallons! If it's not suitable for living things I might just make a terrarium but I haven't had a pet in a year or so and I'm feeling a bit lonely.(For reference I'm a beginner/intermediate keeper, I've had some insects/myriapods in the past as well as reptiles and small mammals and worked as a reptile care technician!)
Some dwarf Ts fit in there fine

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
my thought as well, a dwarf T. There are some small Scorpions as well that would fit

xhuxhurocket

Arachnopeon
Full disclosure: I myself am new to this whole tarantula keeping gig. That being said, a little Kochiana brunnipes (dwarf pink leg tarantula) might do well in that enclosure, and would be color coordinated! I believe they are fossorial and they sure are cute little suckers! Otherwise a nice colony of isopods could make their home in it.