help!! chilean rose

ARACHNO-TRIO

Arachnopeon
my chilean rose is doing sumting weird. this is my 1st Ts...
they'ved mated a lot(about 8months ago).. but still no sign of nesting or sumting. early dis morning, the female's starting to cover her self with her web in a corner.. looks like building a room or sumting..hehe:wall:
can you tell me f she's about to lay eggs or just molting? tnx..:)

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sounds like eggs to me. congrats.
Good luck in raising them, they have a tendancy to eat their sacs

ARACHNO-TRIO

Arachnopeon
ok tnx.. it really did lay eggs!!hehe.. im so excited.. whats d best thing to do? leave 'em alone or separate the eggs from the female? do i need to put soil as flooring for the egg sack? tnx a lot bro

Mr.Scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Leave the sac with mom for about 30 days. After that, if you wish, you can self-incubate them to lower the risk of mom eating them. To do that, you will have to make a home-made incubator (easy to make) and roll the sac a few times a day. Search around the forums for instructions to do an incubator.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats on a successful breeding, let us know how the eggs are coming. :D

bokgrasul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is the period of time between mating and laying eggs that long??? :eek:
8 months???

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There is no set time that its going to take from mating to dropping of the eggs. I think alot of it depends on when you mate your female. If you catch her early in her cycle you might be waiting a bit to have the sac dropped. Its just the waiting game. :D

bokgrasul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So this period varies between how long and how short? I mean can you tell me some limits?
PS-Congrats on a successful breeding :worship:

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Just DON'T DISTURB HER! A few too many peeks in with a flashlight is all it takes to stress her out enough to eat the sac. (Speaking from experience. :eek: )

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Uhh well hmm limits................
I have had a rosie mate and drop eggs in little less then 2 months.... and I have had a rosie mate and drop in 10 months.

There is no real limit but in general I think you can expect to wait at least 3 months on average.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
G. roseas do everything in their own time. Each one is different from each other one, I have 6 and they are all very different.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my chilean rose is doing sumting weird.
Rosies are the class clowns of the arachnid world...you'd be amazed how many posts start out like this ;)

Mad props on breeding rosies, god knows we need more CB specimens...think you're ready to take care of ~300 slings?

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So this period varies between how long and how short? I mean can you tell me some limits?
PS-Congrats on a successful breeding :worship:
Anywhere from a month or so after being paired with a male until their next molt.