HELP CENTIPEDE BITES

Patarew

Arachnopeon
received_257996569444962.jpeg subspinipes pedeling has bitten me.And i feel chill coursing through my body. Is this normal

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Doesn’t sound good. Don’t go to the light. Sounds like death knocking...

TheHouseof21pairs

Arachnosquire
That being so small the venom amount injected is minimal to cause little to no health problems whatsoever. Obviously if you were an allergic type person things would change a bit.

Ian14

Arachnobaron
That being so small the venom amount injected is minimal to cause little to no health problems whatsoever. Obviously if you were an allergic type person things would change a bit.
But you won't be allergic, unless you have already been bitten by one.

goliathusdavid

Arachnobaron
Okay I can't help but ask it- what were the circumstances that led up to this bite and what experience do you have with other pedes? Because Scolopendra subspinipes bites are one of the worst you can get. And you can thank your lucky stars it was a pedeling and not an adult. While I agree with @TheHouseof21 pairs that you will likely be fine, my advice to you is to seek professional medical counsel rather than querying here, and to take greater precautions in the future.
That's not how allergies work, especially those related to any sort of venom.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
That's not how allergies work, especially those related to any sort of venom.
That needed repeating. Allergies, anaphylaxis, should never be predicted. Learn the danger signs, both sudden onset and latent. For anyone who keeps hots they should also stay brushed up on known specific symptoms of the particular animals venoms.

And i feel chill coursing through my body. Is this normal
A perfect example. Which form of shock was this? Which way would you treat it if it had progressed?

Last edited:

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
Allergies can be created from being around things with dust or feeder roaches for example but a person in my family is allergic to mulberry and has never eaten it. Super good you don’t have a problem from the venom.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Allergies can be created from being around things with dust or feeder roaches for example but a person in my family is allergic to mulberry and has never eaten it. Super good you don’t have a problem from the venom.
At the risk of beating this into the ground. Anaphylaxis, allergic reactions, are basically, very often, the body declaring war on itself. A threshold is exceeded and the immune system goes into overdrive. Hives would be a perfect example. Subsequently, never assume things. If you haven't had an allergic reaction you could have a very on top of it immune system, or you are close to a break over threshold.

For example, I had been given penicillin in various forms as we all have for years. Get a tooth worked on the dentist prescribes it as a prophylactic. Then I had a systemic infection and was prescribed Pen. A WEEK after I quit taking it and the infection was gone I broke out in hives, hair to toenails, with an itch so bad people sometimes have to have mitts taped onto their hands to keep from scratching themselves bloody. I've never been able to take penicillin again.
Never can tell with allergies.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
If I remember correctly, your post previous to this one was about an escaped centipede. Perhaps these are simply not the pets for you?

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I think your tub set ups need to be a bit taller with more secure lids. Right now, I have a crazy dehaani that tries to run when I take out his hide but then I give it a dubia and it calms down. I would try to use tongs when working with them.