Help! Baby Tarantula became a prey !

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh my gosh, don't keep feeding other spiders to your T! If you do, I hope they kill and you learn your lesson! :evil: don't be an idiot, stick with the safe prey. :wall:

JakeLeg

Arachnopeon
Parasites?

After this, remember to only feed things like crickets as mentioned, and not things found around the house- they can have parasites.
Not to go off topic... but since you brought it up... have you ever had a T catch parasites from wildcaught food?

Pygm4li0n

Arachnopeon
ok, I knew this was coming..

many of you now probably think; "look an idiot, he didn't learn Sh*t" but r simply kind enough not to write it, some of you already did, some of you yet will.

But the truth is I learned a lot.

Still, learned experience however valuable, does not compare to that inner spirit of daimonion (see Socrates daimonion), the essence of cognition, and the understanding of oneself, from which the individual draws his personal moral 'highground'. However flat the world he's living in might be. That highground may be the end of me, but until then, I can call it ideology.

This thread has the potential of becoming a philosophical debate, unfortunately I'm off to cruise in few hours, so I'll address my inquisitors along with the ideological countermeasures in 7 days.

Thank you! ;)

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok, I knew this was coming..

many of you now probably think; "look an idiot, he didn't learn Sh*t" but r simply kind enough not to write it, some of you already did, some of you yet will.

But the truth is I learned a lot.

Still, learned experience however valuable, does not compare to that inner spirit of daimonion (see Socrates daimonion), the essence of cognition, and the understanding of oneself, from which the individual draws his personal moral 'highground'. However flat the world he's living in might be. That highground may be the end of me, but until then, I can call it ideology.

This thread has the potential of becoming a philosophical debate, unfortunately I'm off to cruise in few hours, so I'll address my inquisitors along with the ideological countermeasures in 7 days.

Thank you! ;)
It doesn't matter. If you're going to risk your T's life for your own sick amusement, I still think you're an idiot.

zimbu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It doesn't matter. If you're going to risk your T's life for your own sick amusement, I still think you're an idiot.
Not only is he risking his T's life, he's also anthropomorphizing and assuming it has complex emotions like boredom. Well, that or that's his excuse for getting off on watching a T have to fight dangerous animals just to eat.

edit: also, pesticides from WC prey don't give life "a lil' rumble, a lil' thrill, a lil' challenge", they just kill your T.

Last edited:

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
glad to hear that your t made it through that battle, but got to say i watch and farmed spiders since i was a kid ive been bitten by a few but nothing crazy like a widow or recluse but i was a big fan of the orb weavers and jumpers....but if watched these spiders are far from being fed to anything they have amazing strenths that our tarantulas plain are missing or may not need due to the prey they have. Jumping spiders have developed vision,blured as it might be its still better than any t' could hope for. I guess you got to think that these spiders that build that beutifull web outside are building there radar...or there eyes....they too cant see very well but with a web they have everything litterly at there finger tips.

i belive nature has its own rules or what lives and what dies and is not for us to decide. I used to think jumping spiders were at the top of there game but in the end if you throw one in the web its just as dumb as a fly or a football team on the other mans feild.

in the end im glad your t made it i just think thats crazy to try that agin.