[Help!]B. smithi Spiderling in Death Curl

Sym

Arachnopeon
I have a small (1") B. smithi that has assumed the dying position. I noticed two days ago and put it between moist paper towels. It crawled out from between them but it's still not looking good. It's still a bit responsive, but it's much worse than it was two days ago.

I'm keeping the moisture high and keeping it in wet paper towels but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I don't know if it would be strong enough to eat on its own, and it's probably too stressed to accept anything pre-killed. Is there anything I can do?

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a small (1") B. smithi that has assumed the dying position. I noticed two days ago and put it between moist paper towels. It crawled out from between them but it's still not looking good. It's still a bit responsive, but it's much worse than it was two days ago.

I'm keeping the moisture high and keeping it in wet paper towels but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I don't know if it would be strong enough to eat on its own, and it's probably too stressed to accept anything pre-killed. Is there anything I can do?
When you say you put it between wet paper towels, what did that entail? Did you remove it from its enclosure and make it an ICU? Since it is that small, it doesn't have a fully formed epicuticle and therefore is more susceptible to desiccation, so maybe that is what is happening.

Pictures would help those with more experience help you.

Sym

Arachnopeon
I got some pictures. I took it out of the ECU after 2 days to see if it would eat but it's just sitting there. It's still responsive and tries to move when I open the container, but it's obviously struggling and can't walk very well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to let this little guy die :(.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
To much humidity will kill it and the stress from an icu will help killing it also

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
doesn't look like death curl to me. It looks like it is scrunched more then a death curl.
If you tap it and it can move all of it's legs out, it's probably just annoyed.

Glory

Arachnopeon
My G. Rosea lays with her legs covering her eyes and abdomen all the time. When I stick my hand in for any reason and startle her, she also scrunches up like that. Your attempts to get it to move might actually be stressing it out more. I don't know much about slings, but I don't think there is much to do at this point. Give it some space and hope for the best! I'm wishing you luck!