Help: Avic. Slings make me Nervous!

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Here is my new Avic. Avic. I am not an Avic. master; in fact, I am quite new to them. I set this little guy up in this enclosure. I think I have enough ventilation. It has 20 holes on 3 of the four sids and the other side is the lid and is not air tight. I have a small water dish in there too. The little guy is pacing a lot. It has not started webbing. (My versicolor started webbing with in hours of settling in.) It has been about 2 days. It also slips a lot while climbing and seems to jump/fall. It has also not eaten for me yet. Any thoughts or should I just keep on doing what I'm doing? DSCN7855.JPG

Last edited:

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
The falling and not eating suggests premolt. He should be making a web to molt in soon enough. The enclosure looks great though.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Try adding some smaller leaves up higher onto the wood to give more web anchors. Maybe that will help the little tyke web more.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Thanks for the help! It just ate some wingless FF. I can stop worrying about "it hasn't eaten" now.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
my versi sling didnt settle for weeks, dont worry. cage looks great btw.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Seems like a great little enclosure :)

Avic slimgs make everyone anxious at times.
I have my first 3 arriving this week it has been 6 years since I last kept them. I am much looking forward to it.

Your set up looks good, I'm sure the little fella will be all good :)

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
It took my little A. avic about a month to web after I got him. Then he really went to town!:astonished:

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Setup looks ok, but I agree with others...add some small foliage up at the top. As far as webbing, some Avics will begin immediately, some will take some time. As long as it has water available and the enclosure is properly ventilated (which yours is) you should be fine.