help asap! what in the world is this i found?

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok ok, i posted a thread about "true zebras" a week or so ago.
but now i got another important question...
what in the world is this i found in thear with her tonight?? since i took it out shes been moveing around, and walking around alot more then what she has been befor...
im hopeing thear eggs!!! take a look!

Last edited:

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Seems you'd know better than anyone here at this time. Have you tried poking it? ;)

At first glance it looked a bit like some mushroom roots, (it's called something with my... myg.. something... can't remember), but it seem a bit too regular for that. Is it round? If yes it would be most likely to be an egg sac or perhaps an ex-egg sac?

So you took it out? Any more photos? If it's a viable egg sac then it sounds like you took it out a little soon.

Really to be honest - I have no idea what that is but at least I hope I have given you something to think about. More pics...

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Not sure, but I can say this: if YOU see little round things then it's sadly enough most likely to be a failed egg sac :( Because normally all eggs should be covered by webbing and rolled into a ball for it to be good and viable (correct me anyone if I'm wrong, I can only speak from AB experience, not personal experience)

I've seen pictures before of for example T's just pooping their eggs straight on the ground or not closing up the sac properly. Again, more pics would help, from different angles.

Did you see the T work on it when you found it? Let's hope you didn't interrupt it.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
At first glance it looked a bit like some mushroom roots, (it's called something with my... myg.. something... can't remember), but it seem a bit too regular for that.
I believe the word you are looking for is mycelium. :)

As for the white thing, and little round things... I have no clue. Unless it is a failed sack, if it is I am sorry. I am waiting for a sack of my own here... It is torture waiting, let alone finding a bad sack... :(

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
my guess is a mangled egg sac..i only see a couple "round things" but they look like eggs to me.

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
can some one plz post pics of a good egg sac??
i placed it back in, and she curled it up into a "ball" and sits ontop of it now..
i moved her to get a lil closer look at it, and now its like isaid, rolled up and moved into a corner.

stk5m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
now its an eggsack!

edit: although looking at the pics again. probably infertile

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yea shes still siting on it, what should i do with it?? how do i take care of it?? ect ect ect..

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
egg sac

If shes rolled it into a ball and is guarding it, Im guessing its an egg sac, but sounds like it wasnt made properly at first, so the eggs are probably bad.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
infertile or bad

posters with breeding experience, can give you advice on what to do now. Since the sac was not rolled up initially, some/all of the eggs probably got stuck together. Its possible she sensed they were infertile/bad and didnt continue with the sac.

aliceinwl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If she's holding and tending it now, I'd wait 30-40 days and let her tend it. If she abondons it or it starts to smell before that time pull it because the eggs are likely bad. If there are any good eggs, the easiest thing to do would be to let her take care of it. Try to disturb her as little as possible while she's tending it (avoid moving the cage, furniture etc). After 30-40 days check out this thread: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=17496 and be ready to set up an incubator if you have eggs with legs when you pull the sac.

If she doesn't feel comfortable or the eggs aren't viable she may decide to eat the sac. This is why it's important to minimize disturbance. If it's non-vaible and she eats it, it's probably for the best since it will allow her to replenish her reserves.

-Alice