Help asap. Rose hair substrate issue

Tripp01

Arachnopeon
So this is my first rose hair and at first I was using dried coconut fibers but she didnt seem to like that and hung on top of her hideout or just in the corner of the tank. I looked at all the posts and started to use peat moss but, now allllll she does is hug the glass tank. Does she just need more time? its been a couple days. I'm going to include a picture of her tank and you can see her hiding as far away from the soil as possible.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
It can take a few days to a few weeks for them to acclimate but a lot longer if you keep changing it around. Be patient
This species lives in one of the driest deserts in all the world just give it a always full clean water dish, hide and don't mist or heat the tank. If you are comfy in a T-shirt in the house, they will do fine.

Put in enough substrate that there is no more than 2x the T's leg span from the sub to top of enclosure to prevent injuries from a fall.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
As others said, they need time for settle. Btw on that picture I see a sort of cable... heathing device?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
It's perfectly normal for them to cling to the side for a while when they are rehoused. Nothing to be concerned about. Make sure it has a hide and a water dish, and leave it alone.

Looking at the photo, I would suggest adding more substrate to minimize falling risk. The distance from the sub to the lid should not exceed 1.5 the diagonal leg span of the T.

The screen lid also needs to go ASAP. Tarantulas get their tarsal claws stuck in the lid, and can lose a leg and/or take a fall that risks a ruptured abdomen. What you need to do is get a piece of acrylic, cut it to fit the size of the tank, and drill some holes for ventilation. Something like this:

Tripp01

Arachnopeon
Thats for all the input but to clarify the cords run to my chameleons cage and there is a water dish in the corner that you cannot see. Ill add a little bit more just to prevent fall damage and also I look into the new lid, I hadn't heard of them getting stuck but, it makes sense.