Help, an uncommon question about housing scorps together?

Kybalion13

Arachnopeon
can i house two Emperor scorpions in one 10gal tank with currently 2 hideouts. I have heard they can get aggressive but also heard that they can do relatively well when there’s a steady supply of food/water and enough hideouts...what are your guys’ thoughts on that. I haven’t gotten them yet just set everything up (for a cozy home lol)
I have also heard it’s better to house them together from the start as young as possible because if one is there and another is “added” they can get quite territorial.
Can anyone help please?

Last edited:

Minty

@londontarantulas
can i house two scorpions in one 10gal tank with currently 2 hideouts. I have heard they can get aggressive but also heard that they can do relatively well when there’s a steady supply of food/water and enough hideouts...what are your guys’ thoughts on that. I haven’t gotten them yet just set everything up (for a cozy home lol)
I have also heard it’s better to house them together from the start as young as possible because if one is there and another is “added” they can get quite territorial.
Can anyone help please?
Which species of scorpion is it? That would help whoever is able to give advice.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
I don't see why you would want to house them together if you only have two...
They are communal for sure, but you are always running that risk when you house scorpions together.
If you only have two, I would say just keep them separate, really no point in housing them together. If you end up breeding them you can keep the slings together.

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If they're adults you could house them together. I would add more hides just to be safe and be sure to keep them well fed. Also make sure there is enough substrate for then to burrow. I would avoid keeping young scorpions together because after a molt they're very vulnerable and often times are preyed upon by their tank mates. When housing together though you'll always run the risk of cannibalism its always a possibility. Happy keeping!