Help again!!! 😭

jae Ortiz

Arachnopeon
My G. Pulchra T sling doesn’t move at all just stand on the same spot even looks like he’s lifting himself up higher like rising his legs up I try not to stress but so many different behaviors that I’ve been getting from my T Makes me anxious cuz this is my first T and he’s a sling so I wanna make sure nothing is wrong and this is normal

Attachments

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
My G. Pulchra T sling doesn’t move at all just stand on the same spot even looks like he’s lifting himself up higher like rising his legs up I try not to stress but so many different behaviors that I’ve been getting from my T Makes me anxious cuz this is my first T and he’s a sling so I wanna make sure nothing is wrong and this is normal
Some spiders or all of them do that while eating , very normal . But when you say not moving we picture , a near dead spider . Your looks fine :D
I gotta get one someday never had one of those; love Grammys.

jae Ortiz

Arachnopeon
Some spiders or all of them do that while eating , very normal . But when you say not moving we picture , a near dead spider . Your looks fine :D
He hasn’t been eating since I got him and as soon as I made this post I noticed something In his mouth I think finally grabbed the meal worm I gave him 🤩 but shes ust walking about with it in her mouth with her butt up in the air idk if her rising her abdomen means I’m bothering her but I’m just glad I got her to eat or at least try to eat she just crawled into her burrow and came back out i don’t know if she’s just gonna leave the mealworms in there or actually eat it but I’ll just check tmrw idk how to without ruining her burrow though

jae Ortiz

Arachnopeon
I decided to get one because they’re cheap to care for, easy to care for, fun to feed and just adorable. Only thing is I overthink and overreact cuz no matter how easy they are to take care of I’m still worried of doing it completely wrong. Thanks for your response though cuz that’s exactly what she was doing just eating a worm I left her.

Read the forum!
Ok

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Looks like it's eating. Leave the tarantula alone for a while and let it settle in. Maybe watch some videos like tom Moran's sling care guide on youtube so you can learn basic husbandry and know what some normal behaviors look like.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
If your t is raising itself up and not eating it's too cold.
Gravid females do the same when they try to heat their bodies as much as possible

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
If your t is raising itself up and not eating it's too cold.
Gravid females do the same when they try to heat their bodies as much as possible
If that thermometer is even remotely accurate it's not too cold for the spider. Even if it was off 8 degrees or so it still wouldn't be too cold.
Edit: Many tarantulas will also raise their abdomens as a defensive posture.

Last edited:

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
If that thermometer is even remotely accurate it's not too cold for the spider. Even if it was off 8 degrees or so it still wouldn't be too cold.
I noticed that temp, too. I thought maybe trying to get a breeze under a warm booty, lol. All my terrestrials stand tall while eating. It’s like they don’t want their food to touch the ground while they are eating it.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
I noticed that temp, too. I thought maybe trying to get a breeze under a warm booty, lol. All my terrestrials stand tall while eating. It’s like they don’t want their food to touch the ground while they are eating it.
In the middle of summer my cats will lay right on the air vents on the floor and hog all the cold air for themselves. 🤣

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Good Lord that's a huge water dish for that size of T. Use a smaller one that's easier for it to access.

Where's the corkbark with a starter burrow underneath?

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Good Lord that's a huge water dish for that size of T. Use a smaller one that's easier for it to access.

Where's the corkbark with a starter burrow underneath?
I don’t see any corkbark in that picture, Ts definitely love sitting on bark. I gotta buy or find more(and bake it ?) .. I got one lp that likes its cup burrow the end is cut off I think because it goes far . I’ve been told it’s just a doorway , so the fake pre made burrow must be open ended.
BBD792F1-BFA2-4356-99B7-A5BD99D0D9B0.jpeg