Help: Acanthoscurria sp. "Maldonadoensis" Info

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
I'm looking for information for Acanthoscurria sp. "Maldonadoensis"

I can't seem to find any online. :-(

Please and thank you! :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
José is the resident expert on Acanthoscurria if I am not mistaken...maybe he can help out?
@Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Never heard of this species either, but I see a lot of new species popping up in this genus lately.

sasker

Arachnoprince
As this is apparently a species from the region Puerto Maldonado in Peru, try Google Street View in this neat, little town ;)

Seriously though, I have no idea about the care requirements of this species, but knowing where the tarantula came from is perhaps the first part of your puzzle. Success! :)

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
If you end up getting it,let us know what you observe.
You know,feeding response,hides a lot,out in the open,
feeding response to different prey.
Defensive,skittish,calm,or dosent give a ....

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm looking for information for Acanthoscurria sp. "Maldonadoensis"

I can't seem to find any online. :-(

Please and thank you! :)
Hey, Troi! I got one of these as a tiny sling (.25") a month ago. I've got it in a well-ventilated vial with about 1.5" of moist substrate. I allow it to dry out on the top a bit before re-moistening. I made a couple little channels down the side of the enclosure with a toothpick, and I carefully dribble some water down them and let it soak down to the bottom to keep the lower levels suitably moist. I also moisten the sphagnum moss on the surface once a week.

After eating once (a pre-killed cricket that was a big as the sling), it burrowed straight down to the bottom, built a little chamber there, and covered up the entrance. After about three weeks, it molted, and it's now about 1/2" or so. Within a few days of molting, it reopened its burrow, so I dropped another pre-killed cricket by the entrance. By morning, it was gone. I just fed it again last night. The temps in my room are about 75 now for reference. So far, it's eating very well, and the growth rate seems good.

Hope that helps! I'm very curious to see what this little guy looks like when he puts on some size. :)

Vulash

Arachnosquire
Hey, Troi! I got one of these as a tiny sling (.25") a month ago. I've got it in a well-ventilated vial with about 1.5" of moist substrate. I allow it to dry out on the top a bit before re-moistening. I made a couple little channels down the side of the enclosure with a toothpick, and I carefully dribble some water down them and let it soak down to the bottom to keep the lower levels suitably moist. I also moisten the sphagnum moss on the surface once a week.

After eating once (a pre-killed cricket that was a big as the sling), it burrowed straight down to the bottom, built a little chamber there, and covered up the entrance. After about three weeks, it molted, and it's now about 1/2" or so. Within a few days of molting, it reopened its burrow, so I dropped another pre-killed cricket by the entrance. By morning, it was gone. I just fed it again last night. The temps in my room are about 75 now for reference. So far, it's eating very well, and the growth rate seems good.

Hope that helps! I'm very curious to see what this little guy looks like when he puts on some size. :)
I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm curious if there are any updates after this little nugget grew up. OP did you end up getting one? More curious on enjoyment of owning, size, feisty level, etc.

suzypike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm curious if there are any updates after this little nugget grew up. OP did you end up getting one? More curious on enjoyment of owning, size, feisty level, etc.
I just bought two large slings of this species as well. I’m still not finding much information or any adult pictures.
Do any of you have recent photos?
Thanks!