Help a noob guys

inserirnome

Arachnopeon
So I'm moving to another city in a couple of days, and I didn't figure out how to or what to do with my Ts. Never been in this situation.
Not really worried about my slings, I guess they won't be a big trouble to move around. On the other hand tho, I've no idea of what to do with my adult G.Pulchripes... She is in a prety heavy aquarium (glass), somewhat heavily webbed. I dislike the setup though, and I wonder if it is a good time to rehouse.
It's a 3 hour drive, regular highway, it's been hot around here (40ºC) and these are my thoughts so far:
*I could manage to take the whole tank in the car, AC on, and hope all that driving doesn't mash everything inside the enclosure and she stays inside.
*I could scoop her and put her in a LS size enclosure in moist paper (regular shipping process, or so I've been told, but never done it before), and take the tank alongside without remaking it.
*Same as before, but with an empty tank, making it lighter, and giving me the chance to be creative once more.
Feel free to sugest anything really, and ANY advice is apreciated.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
So I'm moving to another city in a couple of days, and I didn't figure out how to or what to do with my Ts. Never been in this situation.
Not really worried about my slings, I guess they won't be a big trouble to move around. On the other hand tho, I've no idea of what to do with my adult G.Pulchripes... She is in a prety heavy aquarium (glass), somewhat heavily webbed. I dislike the setup though, and I wonder if it is a good time to rehouse.
It's a 3 hour drive, regular highway, it's been hot around here (40ºC) and these are my thoughts so far:
*I could manage to take the whole tank in the car, AC on, and hope all that driving doesn't mash everything inside the enclosure and she stays inside.
*I could scoop her and put her in a LS size enclosure in moist paper (regular shipping process, or so I've been told, but never done it before), and take the tank alongside without remaking it.
*Same as before, but with an empty tank, making it lighter, and giving me the chance to be creative once more.
Feel free to sugest anything really, and ANY advice is apreciated.

I just moved over the weekend. Some t's I kept in the enclosures and removed heavy items. Others I had on my lap. I only moved 5 miles though...

cold blood

Staff member
At that distance and temps, I would personally pack them as if I was shipping them, it will keep them safe in all those situations we encounter in vehicles...panic stops/maneuvers, potholes or god forbid an accident or breakdown. An accident with an aquarium in the car would be disastrous, and you can't always tell when those are coming....even a tire blow-out could make things interesting.

It is indeed the perfect time to re-do the set up if it wasn't good (or you just didn't like it) prior.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Take your larger Ts and put them in deli cups or appropriately sized plastic containers that are well ventilated and protected from sun, A/C on, assuming it's warm there.

Also, your smaller Ts will be more susceptible to heat stress/death than your larger Ts generally speaking.

3 hr isn't a long time, but be careful.