Hello There!

Jewels

Arachnopeon
In your enclosures for your terrestrial tarantulas only use cork bark for them to hide under. The only decorations you should have in your tarantula enclosures are plastic plants. Moss is fine though.
Maybe just one live plant? Pretty please? Lol nah I'm just playing lol I just do the small artificial plants and decoration just to be a little more aesthetically pleasing. It doesn't seem to bother them and it makes me happy lol

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Thanks for your reply! :)) I realize that my enclosures are not perfect but its not for lack of trying believe me. In the Avic enclosure I made a log for her (picture below) but she hated it! I've tried a few things but she prefers the one that I have her in the most so far. She has had 4 enclosures made for her so far. :/
How did you know she "hated" the log? And how do you know she prefers the current setup? Because she webs up the corners? IMO she's just adapting and tries to web as high as possible because that's what her instinct tells her to do. But there should be a "tree", foliage and such to support that.

As for as the G Rosea she is in a 5 gal tank. Which I know is too big for her and I was at one point worried that she would indeed hurt herself if she fell. But in the 15 years I've had her she has done just fine and happy even in her enclosure. At one point she was in a 20 gal tank when I knew nothing about Ts. Lol 20 gal smh what was I thinking right? The lady never moved away from her hide so we downsized. She has never fallen that I've seen and she has shown no signs of stress or pain. A mess lid does cover the tank and at this point I'm not looking to change that. As she really doesn't climb anymore unless we disturb her.
I didn't say the enclosure was too big but too tall. And you can't say for sure she's not climbing at all anymore. I don't see any harm in filling up the substrate to a safe level just in case. ;)
As for the mesh lid... it's been discussed on these boards a thousand times and there's a lot of evidence that the risks outweigh the inconvenience of replacing the lid. So, why chance it?

Lol my other enclosures are awesome! They are growing out of them at the moment and they do need to be rehoused but I will reuse them for my smaller Ts. They are roughly 32 ounce glass containers with 5.5 inches of height. They dont seem to be stressed and they are not so big that they are confined. Thank you for the link. I will definitely look into that so I can provide a better enclosure for my Avic. We just gave them water last night before we took the pictures. Alot of people have been saying to keep most enclosures dry but this was not known to me. I will adjust how much water I give my Ts in the sub but most if the time, it is dry as there is as you said there is alot of ventilation. We always allow the sub to dry out before we mist it again. I was just worried about the molting process and i didnt want to be the reason why they got stuck. Just overly cautious I guess. It does seem like you know your stuff though, so thank you for taking time to shed some light on the situation. :))
As I don't have any of the other species I let others chime in regarding their husbandry. Just one thing, personally, I'd never use glass jars or glass enclosures with only top ventilation. The air in the bottom can become very stagnant, the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and other nasty stuff. I also don't mist my enclosures but pour water directly into the sub if needed. Good husbandry is about the dryness/dampness/moisture of the sub, not the humidity in the air. :)

Taysha

Arachnosquire
Hey I just wanted to say hello and welcome! I think while you may not have perfect set ups I can tell you really love and have an enthusiasm for your Ts! I do agree with most of the other suggestions especially on the Avic. But you have a gorgeous collection! My biggest piece of advice is never ever forget this is a forever learning experience! I got my first T at 6, and got involved in the online hobby about 10 years ago. Its amazing how much has changed. So just always be open to learning, adapting and evolving :)