Hello There!! New Here!!

Jada

Arachnopeon
Hi, just joined here & wanted to introduce myself!!... I am 39, live in England... divorced with a 7yr. old daughter...
I have kept tarantulas for a little over 3 years now. I started with a Chilean Rose & a Blood-legged ~ sadly, both are now dead!! (The Chilean Rose died just 2 days ago during her moult!! I was very sad to lose this one as she was so docile & I could always get her out to show people how misinterpreted tarantulas are!!)....
I also owned a Red-rumped, who was excellent... But being a male he died a little over a year after having him!!
I currently own a Tiger-rumped (sub adult), a Metalic Pink-toe & my fave, a Thai Tiger (also a sub adult)...
Still learning a lot as I go.... esp. all the latin names as Im bloody awful remembering them!! ;)
Look forward to getting to know some of you & almost certainly gaining a lot of information!! :)
Cheers, Ja.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, just joined here & wanted to introduce myself!!... I am 39, live in England... divorced with a 7yr. old daughter...
I have kept tarantulas for a little over 3 years now. Cheers, Ja.
From one Brit to another (okay, in my case I'm about a dozen generations removed since my Brit ancestors crossed the pond 400 or so years ago with William Penn ...), top o' the mornin' to ya!

Just curious, what got you into the T-keeping hobby? It's none of my business, but since you brought it up, did your husband say something like, "It's the Tarantulas or me!" ... and now he's your "ex" ... ??? (If so, wow, your going to fit right in to this crowd!)

Cheerio!

Killy

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Welcome to the boards! My first suggestion for you would be to try getting used to scientific names. Here on the boards we almost exclusively use scientific names because its so so easy to get tarantulas mixed up when using common names.

Other than that, welcome again, and enjoy the boards!

Jada

Arachnopeon
Hi all ~ shall do my best on the scientific names!!

Also, my name probably is a bit misleading, Jada is a combination of Jason & David!... Basically, I'm a bloke!! ;)
I got into keeping tarantula's as I always wanted one, but my ex wife hated them!! I used to keep snakes, my last one was a 16ft. Burmese Python, but now with a young daughter this type of animal is simply too dangerous to have around a young child!! And being 'wife-free' I could start in keeping tarantula's!!! :)
Anyway, thanks for the replys & I shall get to work on these bloody scientific names!!
Cheers all, Ja.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Welcome to the forum! :D The scientific names can be a bit at first, but after the first speedbump they are much easier to get and cause much less confusion, since each species only has one. Common names can be made up on a whim. ;)

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Check out the Genus index on my site for a list of commonly used common to scientific names.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The scientific names are pretty difficult at first. I remember constantly quizzing myself trying to remember sericopelma rubronitens. After a while it gets much easier. Now I only have to look at the name once and I can remember it.