Hello I'm New here.Could you please teach me how to purchase Scorpions in America?

AlexZhang

Arachnopeon
Hello, nice to find hobby friends here. I have seven year experience of keeping more than 10 kinds of scorpions in my hometown.
This is second quarter in America, in the past I didn't find any scorpion in pet shop for physical or online. I have visited petco, petsmart and other private shops in Seattle, it's really difficult to find scorpions here...
could you please teach me how to purchase scorpions?
Thanks!

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Best thing to do is check out the classifieds section on here. Breeders on here tend to be very nice and knowledgeable. There is always a risk of scam, but I've never personally had a bad transaction from here.

Pet stores here in the US usually terrible places to buy arachnids. Overly priced, mistreated, etc. Best to support hobbyists.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
@brandontmyers is who I got some of my scorpions from and I'd recommend him to anyone ^_^
I very much appreciate that!! Thank you!

There are definitely a few of us out here that are trying to bring the scorpion hobby back. @gromgrom is another great breeder. He has been around a long time with some great species. I would definitely suggest posting an ad in the classifieds section with specifics on what you are looking for.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I'm "ACTIVELY" searching every possible source to find some scorps lol so far best luck has been the for sale thread here and the Facebook pages I know are pretty good

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
Hello, nice to find hobby friends here. I have seven year experience of keeping more than 10 kinds of scorpions in my hometown.
This is second quarter in America, in the past I didn't find any scorpion in pet shop for physical or online. I have visited petco, petsmart and other private shops in Seattle, it's really difficult to find scorpions here...
could you please teach me how to purchase scorpions?
Thanks!

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
I just got up 2 today from another member of this forum you can go to his Facebook page hungrybeasts he has some really nice scorpions right now and was on point with communication, sent pics and messages throughout the whole process I would highly recommend him. He has an ad here in the classifieds PVArachnids check him out. I'll definitely be buying off him again soon.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I tried buying from him. $100 minimum purchase. I got 2nd opinions on his pricing and I decided to hold off. His collection is awesome though. I really wish I was able to make a deal with him. I wanted like 4 different ones

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
Pricing could be better but def has some really nice scorpions. I grabbed a 3i P. mossambicensis and I believe it was a 4i or 5i H. jayakari and both were in great condition when they arrived.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
You stole it from me!!!!!!!!!!!! I was minutes from buying it!!! He sent me a screen shot of you buying it right before I did

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Sorry and which 1 the P. mossambicensis? I wanted to get 2 of those myself
I wanted the moss. I was in negotiations with him I was PayPal ready waiting on the info and he last second said it sold haha. I was wanted a jayakari also but couldn't find another scorp I wanted to put me at $100 minimum

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
I wanted the moss. I was in negotiations with him I was PayPal ready waiting on the info and he last second said it sold haha. I was wanted a jayakari also but couldn't find another scorp I wanted to put me at $100 minimum
That's why I got the jayakari cuz he didn't have 2 mossambicensis'. You have good taste in Scorps my friend

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Ibwas going to settle for a P schlect. But didn't find it worth it to over spend if it wasn't the 2 I wanted. He refused to part one of his Hector morphs lol I begged him

I put up a post searching for scorps hopefully i get some bites