Hello! Here's Lillan, Homoeomma sp. Peru

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am somewhat of the epitome of kindness; I've never kicked a hair, or tried to bite various things my keeper has poked me with. When disturbed, I tend to retreat a little,or put my knees over my head some. I wander around my enclosure from time to time, sometimes climbing, but never digging. The only thing I really like of what my current keeper has offered me this far is small crickets.

While I was sold as 'Homoeomma sp. Peru' by a german biologist, I do look a little (a lot; keepers comment) like how Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi looks on some pictures.

Anyways. without further ado, here I am.

Attachments

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by Vys
I am somewhat of the epitome of kindness; I've never kicked a hair, or tried to bite various things my keeper has poked me with. When disturbed, I tend to retreat a little,or put my knees over my head some. I wander around my enclosure from time to time, sometimes climbing, but never digging. The only thing I really like of what my current keeper has offered me this far is small crickets.

While I was sold as 'Homoeomma sp. Peru' by a german biologist, I do look a little (a lot; keepers comment) like how Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi looks on some pictures.

Anyways. without further ado, here I am.
It looks like my Cobalt Redrump, a Cyclosternum species. They tend to be gentle and make a wonderful beginner species....IF you can even find them. ;)

Wysi

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It's not the cobalt redrump guys.
As you can see the cobalt redrump doesn't have yellow stripes on the legs the way Vys' spider does...

Dennis

edit: uuhm yes it does a little ... guess you are right afterall :)

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Could be something else...

But my money is on Cobalt red rump. It looks just like one fresh molted.

Phil

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks all for the replies :)

Yes, it does indeed seem as if though she is a Cobalt Redrump..the few pics of 'Homoeomma sp. Peru' I've seen looked a bit like her, but not nearly as much as those I've now seen of 'Cobalt Redrump'. Also, she doesn't look much like most of the pics of Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi I've spotted.
I liked reading what of her kind you've written on your site, Phillip. The temperament-description fits her well.

So these spids were sold for little when they were first introduced? Are they relatively hard to find on the other side of the pond now, but when they are found go for a low price?

I'm going to ask mr. Vinmann(seller) about this species.

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How it is going with it ?? i am buying them from Vinmann too - 2 females and 1 male :p:p:p

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Same spider different names over here’s it’s Homoeomma.sp Peru or 'Homoeomma.sp Blue-small in the states it’s known as Cyclosternum.sp ”Cobalt Redrump” pic >Here< .

The spider most commonly sold as Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi in the pet trade is the larger Homoeomma.sp “Blue” pic here >Here< the real E.pulcherrimaklaasi looks very different>Here< and >Here<.

In the case of Homoeomma.sp Peru/ Cyclosternum.sp Cobalt Redrump the males may have been examined over here that maybe why there placed in the genus Homoeomma over here.

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
do U have sp"peru" ?? it is quite rare species as i think - is it ??
Do anyone know if female wos agressiv to male ??and how does look breeding with them ?

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why do the coloring of those pics look so differ?

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She is a beauty Vys I have a male that was sold to me as a "pet trade" E.pulcherrimaklaasi but its a Homoeomma sp. Peru . He is at Botars right now being bred w/5 females at this time so hopefully will get a sac and sell more of these beauties :D The male is my avatar btw and I also have a 1.5" unsexed sling I am hoping will be female.

Last edited:

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck BakuBak, may yours fare better than mine did..she died after ..hmm, half a year or so. Seemingly natural death :/ Now though, Vinmann specifies that they are '2-3 years' I think? Might be different.