Hello from India.

Krishna Raju

Arachnopeon
I am krishna from india. A beginner tarantula keeper with 4
grammostola pulchripes and a first timer to handle slings. Egg sac formed on 24th august was cut open by 27th september.
Have got 300+ healthy slings. Please guide me on how to care and feed the slings henceforth. Currently they are kept in a hammock. To maintain high humidity kept wet peat inside the incubator. The incubator is kept inside a bigger container with lid to hold the temperature and mositure. My room temperature is around 26 degree celsius.

Attachments

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Nothing wrong with what you are doing already. When they start to break away from that bundle I’d house them separately in dram vials and then decide what you’re doing with them as it’s going to be a handful trying to raise them all. They won’t eat until they have moulted again just keep them hydrated. When housed separate offer fruit flies or something similarly small or you can feed them pre killed prey like mealworms. Keep the substrate slightly moist when this small

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Mating was done once on 9th june and 29th june.
Egg sac was formed on 24th August.

Dunno which date of mating had the insertion.

Also please explain on the instar.
When will they start to eat.
Eggs/Eggs with leggs/1st instar(1i)/2nd instar(2i)/3rd instar (3i).......and so on.
They can be separated after molting to 2nd instar and will eat about 7 days after they molt at 2i. Your pic shows 1st instar development so one more Molt and they will be 2i

Krishna Raju

Arachnopeon
WhatsApp Image 2019-10-17 at 8.08.07 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-10-18 at 7.00.18 PM.jpeg Have segregated them into 25 numbers in each containers.

This is today's picture. Hope they have passed 2nd instar.
Please guide on when to start feeding and what to feed?

I have pin head crickets, Red runner nymphs, wingless fruit fly, meal worm, isopods and Springtails.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krishna Raju

Arachnopeon
Transferring them this sunday. Shall update here once transferring is done. was little hard to find smaller dram here in my country.

Sorry for the delayed update. Have fed them with red runner nymph. Out of 434 slings, 300 had eaten and 10 slings have molted. sling.jpeg slings.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Krishna Raju

Arachnopeon
How often the slings has to be fed?
The live red runners are removed next day if they aren't preyed on.