Hello everyone

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Welcome, I am guessing you have a Caribena Versicolor?

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
Welcome aboard. Hope you have a strong back and fat wallet. Because you my friend.....well.......your......addicted! :arghh: dun dun dun!!!! :eek:;)

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Just wanted to say hello, new to the hobby. Here’s a picture of the Caribena Versicolor sling we acquired recently.
Jealous. One I’ve been planning on adding to the list. Awesome T.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Welcome to the Boards. You’ve already demonstrated a sound decision by choosing one of the coolest tarantulas available. Do you have any others?

TOD LEBLANC

Arachnopeon
Welcome to the Boards. You’ve already demonstrated a sound decision by choosing one of the coolest tarantulas available. Do you have any others?
I had gotten an A. Avicularia for my son for christmas last year and bought the tarantula keepers guide. Not entirely sure but I think he cooked the spider, his room is extremely hot. I had told him no more, and then i ran across the C. Versicolor, and finally found one at an exotic pet store we frequent. After getting it, I put it in my sons old enclosure, and then the research started. Watching Tom Moran and the somehow disliked here Dark Den, I learned a lot fairly quickly that the book didn't teach me. So I ordered a decent amex box that was more appropriate for my tiny blue sling. I get home, and my son and i get to rehouse the little guy as he was in like a 5 to 10 gallon setup. Lo and behold as I start freaking out he had decided to rehouse himself. At about 1 inch, I'm like I've already got a T killed. So as I'm shaking out all the fake foliage, and digging carefully through the substrate I'm thinking if it's in the room somewhere it's gone. So I get handy flashlight and start looking up, and there he was in the middle of the ceiling. Recaptured and rehoused into something much more appropriate we go back to research. So to answer your question, yes we have a Dolichothele Diamantinesis Brazilian Blue Beauty on the way. And while addictive, those will be my only 2 for quite some time at least.

Jealous. One I’ve been planning on adding to the list. Awesome T.
Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator: