Hello everyone

CombiChrist

Arachnopeon
Hello, since I'm new to the site I thought it would be polite to introduce myself.
I'm Lucien, a guy from the Netherlands. Despite my fear of spiders I decided the fascination was stronger. So I got myself 18 spiders from the Theraposidae family for a while to grow over the biggest fear.

After that it was time to trade them for some of the species I really felt a passion for : Theraphosas.

So I got myself 1.1.0 Theraphosa sp "Burgundy" (soon to be T.stirmi I just read) and I intend to expand the collection in time with 1.1.0 T.blondi and 1.1.0 T.apophysis :)

BlackVenom

Arachnopeon
You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the sign post up ahead, your next stop...
The Tarantula Zone! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH:eek:

No just kidding. Welcome friend.

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Welcome!

Good for you! Talk about jumping in with both feet. Goliaths are just the sp. to overcome your fear. Not only are they the most gnarly and imposing, they are among the most challenging to keep husbandry wise. Most other species should be a cake walk. Just watch out for those hairs when they get older.

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol 'fascination was greater than the fear' thats the same way i became fascinated with spiders long before i ever knew of mgalamorphs....welcome to the great hobby...

CombiChrist

Arachnopeon
Thanks. The numbers aren't that strong, only two at the moment. I just started off with more, to outgrow the biggest fear of them.
My intent was to trade them eventually for some Old World species, but I somehow developped the strongest passion for these Theraphosa species. Partially because of the discussions surrounding these T.stirmi species, but also because of the many opposing stories about them. Considered very agressive, while opposed to that authors like Auer and Striffler call them very shy and nervous species, that prefer running away.

And of course that's what "feeds" the passion : wanting to see for myself how they behave and react, whether the presumed agression is indeed depending on tank size and depth of substrate :)

So far I must say I never regretted my choice for these species !

@Sarah : the name, or the music ? ;)

SarahAntula

Arachnopeon
So far I must say I never regretted my choice for these species !

@Sarah : the name, or the music ? ;)
The Theraphosa are awesome species :) :clap:

I like the music ;) :worship:
I haven't played it for the Theraphosa yet..to see if they like it..{D:D

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Welcome to another Dimension *Tee-Hee*

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the sign post up ahead, your next stop...
The Tarantula Zone! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH:eek:

No just kidding. Welcome friend.
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-b5aW08ivHU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-b5aW08ivHU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
LOL that was good 1 :D I love Rod Serling!

Hi & Welcome! :)
I like your username! :D
LOL I like yours! :D

CombiChrist

Arachnopeon
I haven't played it for the Theraphosa yet..to see if they like it..{D:D
Would be interesting, industrial dancing tarantulas... Great thought though, I'll give it a try. Playing loud Combichrist's "Fuckmachine" right now but the male is not drumming yet. and the female doesn't even come out of her hiding. {D

SarahAntula

Arachnopeon
LOL I like yours! :D

Would be interesting, industrial dancing tarantulas... Great thought though, I'll give it a try. Playing loud Combichrist's "Fuckmachine" right now but the male is not drumming yet. and the female doesn't even come out of her hiding. {D
LOL LOL Dancing T's {D{D{D{D Techno T's!:D:D

Well I experimented with my rosies tried to get them to dance: {D
I think the theraphosa might be better dancers lol.:D

[YOUTUBE]iMvAP5BENY8[/YOUTUBE]

"Enjoy the abuse"-Combichrist

CombiChrist

Arachnopeon
Well I experimented with my rosies tried to get them to dance: {D
I think the theraphosa might be better dancers lol.:D
I'm afraid not... at least your rosea is moving, my T.stirmi male just stands there like he's thinking "WTF... man, turn it off you moron !"

[youtube]oVNPOSGHLEM[/youtube]

Feindflug - Roter Schnee

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Welcome to the forums! I am rather new here as well, but I have learned so much by spending hours on here! The people here seem awesome, even though they may get irritated when you capitalize something you shouldn't...