Hello Everyone New Owner (Brazilian Salmon B.E.)

Tessa

Arachnopeon
Okay, so since I get a free one for her first meal, I am going to get the pinkie, feed it to the python, and go to a different pet store, get her a new tank, some crickets, and some better stuff for the bedding, a small heating pad for one side of the tank(Not putting it under), and some cool logs and hides for her! I love her so much already and I really just want the best life for her! And I think I've gone against holding her. They don't like it and I don't want to risk her life by doing something that isn't necessary.

Thanks again everyone! Making our lives a lot easier with Lucy!

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good luck! You are well on your way to tarantula addiction. :}:} You've done well to research your T's requirements, and provide an optimal captive environment.

I have a Lasiodora (mine is species itabuneae). Really nice spider, attractive, fast growing. I haven't found mine to be defensive - it's one of my mellower Ts.

Tessa

Arachnopeon
She's eating a nice sized cricket as i type! And fyi when a cricket molts, its not evem close to graceful. I watched videos of Ts molting and they seem to have a very graceful way of doing so. Crickets on the other hand just use other crickets to pry their exo off...EW! :)